Napco Firmware / EPROM chip

Where can I get a DS3200 Eprom with the most current firmware??

Thanks

Frank

Reply to
us1
Loading thread data ...

Napco?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I am a Napco dealer, if u want me to get pricing for you, I can.

Bill

us1 wrote:

Reply to
jewellfish

So lets see now ...........

You actually feel that providing some unknown person, who has a Napco control panel, a means to reprogram his system, so that he can possibly get out of paying his original alarm company what he owes him?

Ummmm you don't actually know WHAT the circumstances are, but you're gonna get him that chip anyway ...... huh?

Yep ..... we need more of your kind in this industry.

Reply to
Jim

Reply to
Everywhere Man

It amazes me that you think I am trying to evade an alarm company. In fact I got out of the alarm business 15years ago because of that poor work and undercutting that is in the industry. Folks call 1 keypad and

1 door hardwired an alarm system.

I wired my entire house with 2000ft of 6 wire. Every door and every window has a contact. I purchased the Napco equipment from BassAlarms and had a very bad experience. He never returns emails or picks up the phone. I am afraid to send the unit in for repair because I really don't think it will every get done. It will go into the black hole.

One would have thought that with these boards the firmware is being uploaded and downloaded similar to the firmware for my car.

Now my thought is to trash this Napco 3200 garbage or move to a full home automation panel. I found out after the fact that Napco disabled their home automation integration and want me to go to a 9600.

In summary, if I can't get a download of the binary. I am walking away from napco.

Everywhere Man wrote:

Reply to
us1

If your Napco 3200 has failed, there is little possibility that you have a problem with the firmware. The Napco system is extremely good. I serviced a house this week that took a lighting strike that took out their TV, Telephones, Answering Machine and most of their home appliances. The only problem with the Napco 3200 was a fused contact on one door and the chime was turned off!

No, they won't always survive that kind of hit, but his one did!

It sounds like to me that you want the panel to do something that it isn't designed for. It is not a home automation system although it will turn X-10 relays on and off on a fairly flexible signal. The home automation interface simply fed a serial output signal out to your home automation system telling it which user armed/disarmed, the open/closed status of doors and activity from any other sensors on the system.

If you want a full blown home automation system, go with the Moose M1 Gold. It will be an alarm or/and a home automation unit. It also costs a whole lot more than a Napco 3200!

I am surprised that with your having been in the business you wouldn't still have a relationship with a wholesaler who would supply you components. Buying from an online retail store is not a good way to buy components if you have any alternative. There must be some reason why Bass doesn't want to take your calls. Have you displayed an attitude? While he does get busy and behind, he usually answers the questions and provides the service. Even as an installing dealer, I have some customers I will try and avoid because they are too tedious and take up too much time. But I never avoid them for over an hour or so. Sometimes just not up to the call!

If you need any help, feel free to call on me. I can upload your panel and fix most any thing that appears illogical.

Allan Waghalter Security Sure Alarm Company Houston, TX 77071

formatting link

713-771-8887 - Fax: 713-776-3996

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Don't let him bother you. If you want the current firmware, contact me directly. I'm a Napco dealer and I'll be glad to provide you with a replacement chip at cost. In years past when Napco found bugs in early releases of their panels they would issue firmware upgrades at no charge to dealers. If your panel is old enough that might still apply. More likely they'll want a few dollars for a replacement chip though.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

If you were actually in the alarm business, then I'd think that you'd understand.

If you'll notice, I said that know one knows exactly WHERE you're coming from. No one knows if you are or are NOT trying to get out of a situation with your alarm company.

Now, if you WERE in the business as you say ..... and had a dispute with one of your clients and they weren't paying you, how would you like to know that they could come here and someone would give them a chip so he could unlock the panel and stiff you for months of monitoring or an installation fee or for the balance of a lease? Not saying that's what you're doing but the idiots here who are willing to sell anything to anybody just to make a quick buck are really the people that made you get out of the business. ....... aren't they?

Reply to
Jim

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Robert will now go on to say that a careful search of his files shows that he has no record of ever having dealt with this individual and that he's most likely just another of the many "aliases" of either Olson, "Cracker", or "MM".

Reply to
Frank Olson

They or you? Would this be the same as the "free" software you were selling?

Reply to
Bob Worthy

And Free Shipping?.............The chip will be free............ The shipping will be $49.99........

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

Actually it's E-gad!

And memeory being what it is ... my code is only 123

Reply to
Jim

Hey .....now wait a minute ....... aren't you the guy who sold him the bad panel to begin with and wouldn't get back to him? Now you're going to sell him the fix for it?

Yep ........ Just what I'd expect.

Though ...... I really can understand where you're coming from...... At this point, in what's left of your life...... you don't have anything left to lose and those medical bills have really got to be stacking up. Every penny counts.

Hey DMW .... Didja ever think about ..... if ya had your life to live over ...... would you treat people differently ? Heh heh heh!

Reply to
Jim

Your loss of memory made you forget how to spell it too! :o]

>
Reply to
Bob Worthy

Heh heh heh!!!!!!

My wife, being a nurse, dictates what vitamins etc that I "should take". One morning I'm popping pills and I ask her "What's this Ginko stuff for?" She say's ... " I guess it's not working. It's for your memory"

Reply to
Jim

Boy, that's handy. Most have to pay for a live in nurse...but then again, I am sure you're paying plenty!

Reply to
Bob Worthy

I don't know who you are but if you bought the unit from me, call my personal phone number (all of my recent customers have it) and I'll put you in direct contact with the distributor. Presumably the snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com email address is not the one you used unless you bought the panel more than three years ago. There are no orders with that address in our database but that only goes back a few years. The old server is no longer in service.

If you call I will arrange for a replacement chip at no charge. It's usually easier to reach me between 10:00 am and noon or between 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm Eastern time.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

Yeah. Took me awhile but I finally figured out why her father was so happy when I asked to marry her. When he said yes so enthusiastically, I just thought he liked me a lot. I figured out much later that if he liked me ..... he would have said no.

But, 47 years later ..... I guess it's been pretty good .....

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.