Multiple magnets, one zone, EOL resistor. Never works!

Hey, Mr. Bill Most of us will help too, it just gets a little old when one of these types starts with the attitude. On one hand, he doesnt grasp the simplest concepts relating to his security system, but on the other hand, "it's not rocket science." Tell you what...give ME a break, huh? js

Reply to
alarman
Loading thread data ...

True ... I recently couldn't get a glass-break to work until I tossed the supplied resistor and put one on that I knew was working correctly.

Reply to
Total nerd

pretty darn rare to get a bad resistor unless it was fried by overvoltage.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

But they are fun to pop! across a 7amp batt.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I learned a long time ago not to use the ones that were burned black... :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

judging from some of the questions herein...maybe it is rocket science and we just dont know it.

| >

| >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You don't work for Tane do ya? Sheesh I got a shit load of contact sets where the magnets fell out of the cases...drove us nuts because they were those little surface 90's...pita.

| > BobbyD | | | In that case, it's gotta be one of mine. :-)) | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

He's handy with a soldering iron

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Uhh the supplied resistor IS the correct one

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Maybe your alarm contact is installed backwards..... :

How did it come out of the bag? Although I has a bad contact from the factory.

Reply to
Rich

come on its not rocket science

every one know that the metal part of the magnet will become a good switch if placed in the good environment.. ;-)

"Crash Gordon" a écrit dans le message de news: pkY6f.83$d snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net...

Reply to
petem

I hope he's man enuff to tell us what it was when he finds it.

Reply to
Rich

I had a real run-in with the owner regarding quality control, not replacing DOAs, magnets falling out of cases, and of course...double billing.

The guy I dealt with was a sleaze.

90's...pita. | | | Tane!!!??? Don't *ever* mention that word in here again... I'm sure | there's something in the FAQ about it too!!! :-)) | | |
Reply to
Crash Gordon

Actually, speaking of "Rocket Science", the following is an excellent book:

Flight by Chris Kraft. (I have the advance uncorrected proofs copy, so don't know publication info.)

Anyway talk about a learning curve! This book is about NASA and their steps toward eventually placing a man on the moon. Sometimes they did some interesting jury-rigging to get things to work. Not what you would expect from a "real" rocket scientist.... Great book!

Reply to
Bill

Ditto..........

Reply to
Russell Brill

Yes, I had all sorts of DOA's right out of the box as well as ones that simply didn't last. I ended up paying a couple of false alarm fines because these contacts just didn't make the grade. Dunno if they've fixed the quality control problem, but I don't intend to find out either...

RHC

"Frank Olson" wrote in message news:Urh7f.290463$1i.62347@pd7tw2no...

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

ahah! the workaround. You're a programmer.

Reply to
mikey

Maybe your alarm contact is installed backwards..... :)

BobbyD

Total nerd wrote:

Reply to
bdolph

Nerd,

Seriously, it looks like, from the feedback here, to retrace your seemingly simple problem and isolate and rebuild the circuit. I am sure you will kick yourself when you find the problem

For all the effort of everyone's help and suggestions; let us know what you find was the problem.

BobbyD

Total nerd wrote:

Reply to
bdolph

In that case, it's gotta be one of mine. :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.