Wiring multiple contacts on one ZONE

I have a CADXX NX-6 System and am trying to add some Magnet resest window contacts.

Each window will be on its own zone; however I am adding two contacts to each window. One on the top and one on the bottom and have connected these two contacts together.

I am unable to get each contact to work independently. Currently in order to trip the zone, both the top and bottom windows need to move.

I am using 22/2 wire. Can someone tell me how to do this? Also where to I need to place the resistor, the system is using an EOL resistor.

Reply to
taft
Loading thread data ...

You currently have the contacts wired in parallel. This is good if you're using end of line resistors and normally closed contacts (these "short" when the window opens). The contacts you have are "normally open" (they "short" when the window's closed). You have to wire them in series. Excuse the crude diagram:

__________________/_______/______ ZN Terminal | _________________________________| Common Terminal

If you're going to use the end-of-line, then install it in series with the last contact.

Your 22/2 wire has red/black. Connect the red wire to one lead of the first contact. Connect the red wire going to the second contact to the other lead from the first contact. Connect the two blacks together. At the second contact, connect the red wire to one lead. Connect one end of the end of line to the second lead. Connect the black lead to the other end of the end of line. With both windows closed, the zone should be clear. If you open one (or the other), the zone will "fault".

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Alarm contacts are usually wired in "series". Sounds like you have them wired in "parallel". Also wire the resistor in series at the furthest away (from the control unit) contact.

Series and parallel wiring diagrams here...

formatting link

Reply to
Bill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.