More VOIP/Digital Voice

Oh, really? Care to state which Caddx keypad includes a 4-zone expander? [sound of silence follows]

That has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

no balonium breath, read the first sentence written by u. were talking about single kp for a remote partition. [try to keep up]

thats where u hook up zones for the partitions with networx. dont need no high dollar keypad with zone expanders built in. although networx does have a keypad with a wireless reciever built in.

Reply to
Don

True but I alway figure worst case power draw

You assume he's using that, I suppose the cheapies work with your installations

640mA. The system is rated for standby current up to

The 9600 is rated at 750ma standby, 2A alarm current, you only mentioned the aux power supply later

Not really

Reply to
Mark Leuck

[sound of silence follows]

Read what he replied about again

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You're just being argumentative. We both know you're wrong. You tried to compare a Caddx unit favorably to a far superior Napco system. That won't work no matter how you pretend not to understand what I said.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

compare a Caddx unit favorably to a far superior Napco

Not really, going by the pricing on your store

Caddx NX-8e 192-Zone fastpack with NX-148e alpha keypad $213 + NX2216E

16-Zone expander for $64, total = $277

Napco 9600 96-Zone panel $234 + RPiCAe2 alpha keypad with 4-zone expander = $108, total $312

The Caddx panel is cheaper Double the zones (192 to 96) Far easier to keypad program Has better download software More choices in expansion modules Can connect more keypads (32 to 15) More choices in keypad models (You don't have to worry about mixing RP and K with Caddx) More than double the output current capability (2A compared to 750ma) Better Contact ID/SIA reporting capability

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Don't you ever sleep? js

Reply to
alarman

I fell asleep on the sofa watching the Bourne Identity and woke up about

3AM, after posting the message went back to sleep and just got up a minute ago.

So I guess the answer is yes a lot

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I forgot to mention

The NX-8e has a 512-event buffer whereas the 9600 has 255 The NX-8e has 240 user codes whereas the 9600 has 96

The 9600 is a good panel however it's outclassed by the NX

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I am glad that some here have the luxury of judging products by their technical merits and not by the effects that the parent company has on the rest of the alarm industry. As a practical matter aren't you guys talking about a panel line that I believe technically doesn't exist anymore? I thought that it is called NetworX since GE put the cash on the table. You know, the same ones that are doing more to change the industry to the way they want it to be; more than any other big company to date that has bought itself into the business. Now if someone needs to post a login in to that site remember their warning. You may get sent to bed without dinner again. Certain content on the Web site is intended only for use by licensed alarm installation companies and security professionals. We cannot support or are not liable for its use by homeowners or other unauthorized users. No wait, I forgot. It is more important for some folks here to nag Bass about some stupid login in rather than look at the big picture and see what this monster company is doing to this industry. It is mostly by accidental blunder so far, but it still looks like a cross between Godzilla loose in Tokyo and Saddam leaving Kuwait. Kind of like their site being so unattended and just left with errors and broken links; with a 'if you don't like it, too bad' type attitude. But if these monster companies ever get serious, as one of Bass' more famous digs at his detractors goes could turn prophetic instead, and we could all end up just being clerks somewhere. Remember to GE all gear is the same. They always say they can do what anyone else can. The GE mantra is that the only thing that should matter to you as dealer or integrator, as well as the customer, is that they're GE.

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message news:E-ydnW9OoZU6H-fYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Roland Moore

I have used the keypad zones on a napco. Was wierd running all those wires to keypad. Both brands are good, Networx is easier to work with and more for your $ & GE is catching on. The website is good now. Still can't find the old dos software for the ranger series on there though. The future is bright. :)

Reply to
Don

I wish they'd merge the ranger panels into the Windows software

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yes I often ponder the potential evils, political leanings, charity contributions, sexual preferences of the manufacturer, doesn't everyone?

True however I will always refer to the GE brands as ITI and Caddx for the following reasons

1. It's easier to sort my pdf documents than to put them into one big GE folder
  2. It easier to provide tech support when they still branded them by the old names
  3. I like the names Caddx and ITI, I grew up in the industry with them
  4. BTW: I do the same with Honeywell/Apex/Ademco/FBI for the same reason

So whats wrong with that? Every company shapes it's industry unless you think they are evil......if thats the case they will be knocking on your door soon troublemaker

And you'll sit there thinking more bogus reasons why it's semi-okay to do it

Hey another bogus reason!

I haven't seen a broken link on the site in ages, if anything Honeywell has vastly improved on Ademco's old site (not that it was bad).

You seem to be on their sites a lot considering what they supposedly do to the industry

Ahh the infamous Walmart scare tactic, it holds no water.

Speaking of massive conglomerates getting into the alarm industry what happened to them?

1. AT&T (8000...enough said)
  2. Sprint (FonSafe anyone?)
  3. Telcoms (big 0)
  4. Power companies (late 1990's, caused massive consolidation and more business for small companies)

And if you don't like it you can....you can.....hey go to Napco, Honeywell, Visonic, DSC, Linear.....did I leave anyone out?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Paradox...

Reply to
Frank Olson
[sound of silence follows]

This is a text medium. There is no "sound of silence", but if there was, it would be deafening when you "listen" for your rather obvious non-reply to a few posts from FIRETEK and Bob Worthy.

Reply to
Frank Olson

GE purchased wholesale many previously independent manufacturers. It is not unusual that the good will these companies had would still carry over to GE. The things you mention about political leaning and such aren't important to me and probably aren't important to anyone but to GE and its shareholders. What is important are things unique to GE and the GE marketing strategy. According to GE, when it finished its latest round of purchases it was left with over 1300 dealers to support. That is the way this industry was founded, more or less, was with smaller dealers; but GE doesn't want to offer support to maintaining that marketing structure within this industry. GE's idea is to knock that 1300 it has down to 200 and then to 100. As one of the dealers that was unexpectedly chopped off, I can tell you that it did cause problems. I am not saying that GE was evil, up to no good, etc. I am just pointing out that to date their actions have had a negative impact, especially on smaller dealers. The GE marketing plan is important not just to 100 dealers GE plans to have left standing, it is important to other non GE dealers because of the way GE plans to support those 100 dealers against competing dealers supporting other vendors. You can pretend that this would not ever bother you if you like. I believe it will be something to plan for on every large job that GE gets involved with as a competitor against you. Your thought process is 2 dimensional if you think it is just GE with there box of widgets versus another dealer and his or her box of widgets. The GE guy is going to compete with you on the price point of the products, further discounted by the amount of non alarm GE product volume the end user purchases, and the total financial picture. When the deal is done with a GE dealer, it might just take a signature with no cash or percentage down, no draw schedule etc. That GE dealer's effort will be financed end to end and on both sides by GE, at the same time GE is selling the gear to the dealer and end user at price points you could only dream about. GE wants its 100 dealers to prosper, and it may be at your expense. When a successful GE dealer (a.k.a. strategic partner) lands in your backyard how many extra bids per month are you going to have to do to keep the same level of workload? How much will your margins have to decrease to meet the competition? How will your relationship with your bank be changed when you suddenly need a lot more working capital to offer a GE type deal to customers just to remain competitive? In short, GE wishes to create a dealer network consisting of high parts volume dealers, working in protected areas and to integrate those dealers' efforts into all other product lines GE offers, using aggressive pricing and financing as the marketing weapons of choice.

There is nothing wrong with what GE is doing. I don't like being on the very small end of a David and Goliath type struggle. I don't have to like being thrown into the fray, nor do I have to support the adversary by continuing to purchase GE gear. There is nothing wrong with that either.

I never said it was semi-okay to do it. Firstly I didn't do it, and secondly said I would not chose to do it. I did say I thought it was no big deal.

I like to eat. I always wonder about guys that try to take my bowl away, or worse, leave it empty.

GE is different than any companies you mention. For one it is much larger than any of these companies you list and two it is involved in many types of business activities, and it is not focused or identified with just a single industry. GE is not using a marketing strategy in any way similar to these companies either. GE has not really taken their marketing effort in this industry all that seriously just yet, the guys at the top might not even realize yet that they own a big chunk of the security industry. I am thankful for that. If they can cause all of this trouble accidentally, I don't want to be on the other end of the focus of their serious efforts. I suspect no one that posts here does.

Yes, a bunch. Aleph, Bosch, DMP, Electronics Line, HAI, Inovonics, Potter Electric, SK and many more.

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message news:qKSdna-Mk-7BmObYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Roland Moore

I don't see how, assuming the above is true those dealers went to other companies, nature abhores a vacuum.

It still doesn't bother me

I forgot to mention my company is one of the largest if not THE largest in the nation, this has nothing to do with my opinion. I deal with GE and Honeywell on a daily basis and all I can say is your opinion is incorrect

We take no working capital from GE

Well so far they have been doing a miserable job if that is the goal

Gee for not seeing anything wrong you sure see a lot of things wrong, do you have a solid opinion on ANYTHING?

And what you can't seem to understand is GE like those previously mentioned companies also faces problems of their own, Big companies like that tend over a long period of time to misread the market, react slowly and get out when the going gets tough. GE and Honeywell have a lot of irons in the fire, security is just one and both companies have a completely different way of doing business. I deal with them every day

Exactly!

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Actually I think yours is the dreaded #4.

Why is there no #4?

Reply to
G. Morgan

It's as high as Mike can count.

Reply to
Frank Olson

If you're a large company it is less likely that you would have the same issues as a smaller company in competing with the likes of GE or Honeywell.

I agree, but if they ever start doing a good job it could make things at least a little tougher, at worst a lot tougher.

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, I meant there is nothing wrong with GE chasing their own interests, and at the same time nothing wrong with me as a competitor not liking what they are doing when it impacts me.

I hope their size helps them to continue to get in there own way.

None of the other companies mentioned is the size of GE and has a go to market plan like GE. I see that plan as trouble. You seem to think that they can never get it together and follow their own plan, or will simply change it for no reason. I don't know which is right. I know that it is right for a small company like ours not connected with GE to have some concerns. GE has hurt the company I work with. Until I see GE as a company that clearly helps my company, I am unlikely to go out of my way to help support them.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.