VOIP at home (not Cisco related)

Hello,

I am having problem with VOIP at home. I do have Vonage service which I access thru my cable modem. Here is the situation:

Old apartment: Only broadband connection (no cable TV) - Voice is clear

New apartment: Broadband connection + cable TV - Voice calls (and even dial tone) have some TV/music in the background (faint sounds but audible)

How do I correct this problem? Are there any devices that will clean up the IP stream? Yesterday I did not hear much sound but my girlfriend at the other end could hear music. Is there anyway to clean up the outbound VOIP connection?

I know this is not a Cisco issue but I did not know where else to turn for help. Thank you in advance for any help or advice.

Regards,

Reply to
Subba Rao
Loading thread data ...

Hi Subba,

It sounds like your analog phone picks a radio signal or has too sensitive microphone. It's a small chance also that your VoIP box (adapter) picks that signal. It has nothing to do with VoIP itself - it's all straight bytes and bits, and if IP packet is corrupted or missing, you will have gaps in the speach, but not a music. Try to get another analog phone, and, if possible, get another VoIP adapter to try.

Good luck,

Mike

formatting link

Reply to
CiscoHeadsetAdapter.com

You may wish to investigate the Vonage User Forum:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.