More VOIP/Digital Voice

ouch! :-)

Reply to
G. Morgan
Loading thread data ...

No that was #5 sorry

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I'm still missing the point, even if GE or Honeywell lowballs the industry (which they aren't) you have plenty of choices, you act like you just have no other choice but to sit back and take it

What you fail to recognize is the ability of these large companies to fuel more innovation in regards to panels, expansion modules etc, I know several instances where either ITI/Caddx or Ademco couldn't put out equipment back in ye ole days that they can now.

DSC would be dead without Tyco, you will likely never realize the benefits these big bad companies have done for you

Thats fine but you sure like whining about it

Time will tell on that, large companies tend to get too stuck in their ways and faulter like IBM, Sears, GM and Ford

No I'm saying I doubt those plans have or ever will affect you because of the way the market tends to work over time

Which is the real reason why it doesn't matter to you if RLB posts passwords to their sites or not, deep down you flat out just don't like the company and therefore it is okay

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Certainly you aren't serious! You have to be trying to pull me leg on this. Let's see TYCO takes over and gets rid of the (more or less) forever warranty policy on panels. Then it refuses to fix panels. Then it shortens the warranty period on the panels. Yes that really helped me. Thanks TYCO. Boy was I ever stupid to ever think otherwise. Then TYCO dumps product lines without warning (all of Communiqué for example) and then won't fix them. CP-01 comes out and now I can only sell three panels that DSC makes, that is the 1616, 1832 1864, which are all really the exact same base panel, just with different chipsets. MAXSYS is going to be back in a couple of years 'maybe' even though they've know about CP-01 coming for several years already. Yes that "shows more innovation in regards to panels". Yes, thanks again TYCO! Oh I forgot to mention that of those few DSC panels I can use now, some of those have been recalled already, and I've yet to get the replacements promised, even after crawling up the factory boys ass in a face to face twice already. They say they are having trouble with their new on line system and their own factory accounts are locked up. Man you're right. 'I will likely never realize the benefits these big bad companies have done for me.' DSC would be dead without Tyco? Or perhaps TYCO's running of DSC will kill it. I guess, even as big as you say you are, you're not an AD, Kantech, CEM or Software House dealer. If so you couldn't have missed the letters the TYCO accounting office sends out when they get low on cash. It is almost funny to read them. Most of them say (more or less) we know you're not late but please send cash by XXX date. I like it when a big company has a cash flow problem and they, in turn, try to make it mine too. Way to share! If I keep paying invoices early maybe Dennis will send me an invite to the next Toga party when he gets out.

Maybe it's time to add TYCO to that list too. Aren't you from Canada? I hear the weed is really powerful and almost legal there. If it's not too cold you might want to open a window now and then, because through all that smoke, ironically enough, Bass' point of view is getting clearer all the time.

"Mark Leuck" wrote in message news:W6OdnaAH34UzE-bYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Roland Moore

Pardon me. He can count to "25". ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

I'm well aware of all this and it has nothing to do with what I was talking about which was that DSC was in financial trouble when Tyco bought them

Why would you think I live in Canada?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yes, and it shows in the way they built it.

I don't keypad program alarms. That is why God gave us the PC.

Not a chance.

Where's the keypad with built-in expander?

Yes, Caddx still offers lots of ugly LED keypads. Imagine trying to teach a customer to use a 32-zone LED keypad.

Well, since Caddx doesn't offer RP or K series keypads that's a given. :^)

Actually, the P9600's maximum current is 1.9Amps.

Napco's CID and SIA work perfectly.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Roland,

You've pretty much summed it up. These guys don't care about out industry. They're so hung up on trying to argue that they miss the point.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

If you knew all this and still thought it was a good thing that TYCO took over I sure don't want to be around for the stuff that is bad in you're view. I don't know what shape DSC was in financially prior to the TYCO purchase. I knew several of the reps back then and they never said or acted like anything was wrong. They were still driving their Lexus cars around so I was never aware of any problems. Being a private company at the time meant they didn't have to disclose that information. Even if DSC was in trouble back then, it still doesn't change the fact that things still haven't improved for me in any way under TYCO's ownership of DSC (or CEM, or Kantech, or Software House, or AD). But I guess you're going to tell me how wrong I am about that too.

I guess it would bug me too if someone thought I was Canadian. That is not what I am "aboat". I thought I smelled a puff of something coming through the screen when I read those posts of yours. I know our northern neighbors don't like passing laws against that roll your own stuff, so I thought maybe you were up there sparking up. It was the only thing I could come up with at the time to explain or make any sense out of what you were posting. Notre principal outil pour communiquer. On peut donc s'en servir comme étalon afin de jauger d'autres moyens de communication.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Nice how you talk so about the equipment you sell, at least with Caddx you can put multiple expanders in the same box

Yes and it will be quite amusing if you have to program one and don't have a PC, to me not knowing how to do even the basics of keypad programming shows ignorance in my opinion

"The panel isn't connected to a phone line sir? uhh....."

Much easier to use, doesn't require full screen, nicer menus etc

I never claimed one did, having the expander in the keypad only adds to the cost if it's not used and in this day and age of bus expanders it's not a big deal having one

a customer to use a 32-zone LED keypad.

Thats a matter of perception, they have more fixed english and LCD's than LED's, Napco needs to step up with this

If thats so they don't list it in any manuals I've seen

Cool, try sending water level, low and high temp, freeze, sprinkler, mnedical etc, can't with Napco.

Someday Napco will catch up

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I never said it was a good thing that Tyco bought them in fact I'd rather another company would have (Honeywell was looking at buying them a while back). We were a large DSC company until Tyco bought them, can't go funding a competitor ya know

They never will say that

All I can tell you is Tyco dumped millions into improving and expanding production which is the primary reason why ADT still uses Honeywell panels

Rolling your own stuff? ohhhkayyyyyy

Reply to
Mark Leuck

where do you think he got the name?

Reply to
Don

As the OP on this thread doesn't anybody realize that all of this is a bit Off Topic. Now I do know that after the first 5 or 8 responses most threads go off the deep end but really!!!!!!

Oh, BTW FWIW FYI I have decided to send out a notification with all my Christmas Cards explaining some of the issues with VoIP, Digital Voice and DSL to express my concerns to my customer base.

Now that we are back on topic. May this thread rest in peace.

.....................................................................................................................

Reply to
ABLE_1

Oh man -- *that's* funny. ;-)

Reply to
G. Morgan

I never looked at it that way :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

But they might be putting out feelers and looking for another job (like a lot of guys at Radionics were doing prior to the ultimate DS and Bosch buy out).

ADT uses a lot of DSC here in this area. In fact that is all I have seen them use here in the past couple of years.

Take it from Clinton, weed is bad for you when you inhale it. I think it is better to use it the way the drug dealers package it and eat it by the bale. The down side is it takes hours and hours just to finish one and I still haven't found a good dressing that I like.

Reply to
Roland Moore

My mom named me after that French guy in the"Song of Roland".

Reply to
Roland Moore

Reply to
Roland Moore

you must mean honest.

are you a moron or do you just play one on usenet?

you got a frog in your pocket?

This is coming from someone who has never installed a networx system. Doesn't even know the correct name for it. NOWHERE is the word caddx used by GE. Further proof that you absolutley don't know what your talking about.

formatting link

Reply to
Don

I was being polite rather than saying "stupid".

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.