Monitoring Peevs

We are a Monitoring Center, we write our own software for everything we do.

I'm curious to know what the professional Dealers out there think are the best and worst features of Your Monitoring Center.

I want to make our software and systems better and better but I don't always get as much feedback directly from the Dealers as I would like so I find myself coming up with things that I THINK the Dealers might like.

I'm talking about things that make your life as a Dealer as easy as possible like Online Work Orders, Personal Reminders with E-Mail Notifications, Scheduled Reports, Retail Billing Services, Two-Way SMS Messaging with Operators, Customer Web Access, Real-Time Signal Notifications via SMS/Text Messaging (to you or your customer), Dealer IVR Systems, Internal Instant Messaging between your Employees via the Web Interface, etc. Do you like to talk to Operators when testing your accounts? Do you prefer fully automated test procedures without Operator intervention? Do you like to know every time we dispatch on one of your customers (in real-time or the next day?). Do you get enough info on your Cell Phone via SMS to pass a Fire Inspection without ever needing to call the C/S?

Now's your chance to post those wish-lists that your Monitorinig Center is ignoring because they have no control of their software features (they just pay the licensing fees and hope for updates).

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide.

Reply to
Joe L
Loading thread data ...

Well Hell's Bells man!

If you can't keep track of the fact that you already posted this message here and have gotten replies, how the hell reliable is your software going to be?

Reply to
Jim

I posted the message via google and it didn't show up for a good hour or so which made me think I didn't submit it the first time (since in the past it showed up pretty quickly).  Then, of course, I submit it again after going home and still not seeing my post, then the first one shows up.  I expect immediate response from an automated system and will tolerate no less!  Being in the Monitoring biz and all :)

Jim wrote:

Joe L wrote: We are a Monitoring Center, we write our own software for everything we do.

I'm curious to know what the professional Dealers out there think are the best and worst features of Your Monitoring Center.

I want to make our software and systems better and better but I don't always get as much feedback directly from the Dealers as I would like so I find myself coming up with things that I THINK the Dealers might like.

I'm talking about things that make your life as a Dealer as easy as possible like Online Work Orders, Personal Reminders with E-Mail Notifications, Scheduled Reports, Retail Billing Services, Two-Way SMS Messaging with Operators, Customer Web Access, Real-Time Signal Notifications via SMS/Text Messaging (to you or your customer), Dealer IVR Systems, Internal Instant Messaging between your Employees via the Web Interface, etc. Do you like to talk to Operators when testing your accounts? Do you prefer fully automated test procedures without Operator intervention? Do you like to know every time we dispatch on one of your customers (in real-time or the next day?). Do you get enough info on your Cell Phone via SMS to pass a Fire Inspection without ever needing to call the C/S?

Now's your chance to post those wish-lists that your Monitorinig Center is ignoring because they have no control of their software features (they just pay the licensing fees and hope for updates).

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide.

Well Hell's Bells man!

If you can't keep track of the fact that you already posted this message here and have gotten replies, how the hell reliable is your software going to be?

Reply to
Joe Lucia

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.