Source For Sensors?

We have a home alarm system, installed about 15 years ago, with an Acron control. About two weeks ago someone was working on the roof, and evidently the vibration caused the door magnetic sensor to fall out. We did not notice it, but now the door zone is always lit.

The sensor looks to be about 1/4" in diameter. The magnet is still in the door itself. It's hard-wired, not wireless, if that is not obvious. Can someone recommend me a source for online parts ordering? (I will just order two, one each normally open and normally closed, since the shipping is usually more than the items themselves.)

I can't locate the paperwork for the orginal installer, so that's out for the moment. I plan on replacing it myself, as the wire location is reasonably accessible in the attic.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Hank Murphy

Reply to
Hank Murphy
Loading thread data ...

You mean fell out of the door frame right? For now just strip the wires back a little bit and twist the bare leads together that "should" restore the zone and you'll be able to use the alarm (that door wont be in the circuit but it will give you time to get a new contact).

I haven't seen 1/4' contacts in a while - too hard to work with, so you may have to drill a new hole (3/8") right next to the old wire and use a 3/8 contact instead. Try Radio Shack they may have 3/8 inch press fit contacts...or Fry's Electronics if you have one in your area..or just ask nice and maybe one of use will mail you one

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.