LOCKED PANEL

can you unlock i phone? howzabout alarm panel?

formatting link

Reply to
Mike
Loading thread data ...

Sounds like Brinks... Did I type that out loud? I meant to.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

that's what I was thinking. heads up JR.

Reply to
Mike

Is tourman next????????????!

Reply to
Jim

I thought Brinks owned the equipment and only leased it to home owners. Thats a bit different to hacking something you own.

Reply to
CWatters

sounds like ipod is retaining some ownership, too or they wouldn't be threatening lawsuit.

Reply to
Mike

I thought that too, but I have been informed that sometimes do sell equipment. Puts a whole different spin on things if that's true.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Hah ! That will be the day. No one is shown anything about how it's done - ever ! All it is is returning equipment back to it's rightful owner in a usable format after its service suitability has been stolen by some unscrupulous company or individual. If alarm manufacturers really felt threatened by this, they likely would try but that would be a waste of their time and money, and they know it. Our friend in California who sells the "unlocker" would likely be first on their hit list due to the way that equipment works....

Nice try though !

RHC

Reply to
tourman

That's what Rojas thought.

Reply to
Jim

Different issue !

RHC

Reply to
tourman

how? you are stealing customers away from borg by violating there digital rights.

Reply to
Jim

Horseshit ! If I "steal" any clients from the Borg, it's at the customer choosing, and it's ONLY because they have given their clients lousy service, or their pricing after the "free system" contract has run out doesn't come down to a more reasonable level. Besides, to their credit, the Borg don't violate their customers "digital rights" by locking their boards. It's only the little guys who seem to do this to their customers, and I've seen every excuse in the books, from 'locking the boards for your protection"(how stupid do they think customers are) all the way to simply being vicious when the customer decides to leave them for a better company (happened just last week with a medium sized company here in town). Once the client fully owns the board free and clear of any encumberances, the alarm company has NO "digital rights". They are there at the customer's invitation to provide ongoing service and monitoring. When the customer decides they are toast (considering all contractual obligations the client signed on for of course), the customer (board owner) has every right to ask them to leave after reasonable notice. And they have NO right to go leaving an inoperative board in their wake ! (they can remove any and all proprietary information such as dialer numbers and account codes as they see fit) if they feel this "belongs" to them. But to disable the hardware from further use is nothing short of a criminal act !!

Leave it alone, you can't win this one....you're dead wrong !

RHC

On Sep 2, 10:17 am, "Jim" wrote:

Reply to
tourman

The Borg is good. We must all follow the Borg. The Borg will prevail, resistance is not possible. The Borg owns all.

Reply to
Roland More

Just so you know ..... that wasn't me who posted that.

Although I do think that anyone who unlocks panels without actually knowing if the owner is screwing the alarm company, is an unsavory and underhanded thing to do. I just write is off as .... there are scumbags in every industry ..... who will do things that are disreputable and unconsiderate and possibly distructive to other good company or to end users.

And the other side of the issue is ....of course ..... that in some cases deprograming may just balance the scale by defeating the bad dealers who lock people into using their services or causing added expense to legitimately get away from them.

In your case I think that in your myopic quest to get back at the large companys in your area, that do this, you think that the number of end users who send you panels that are trying to get out of ligitimate agreements is insignificant and besides you don't think that ANYONE who has a term agreement should be allowed to have it .... legal or not, anyway ..... so you just deprogram them without considering whether you're helping someone to get away from paying what they legitimately owe to an alarm company ... or not.

Do I have that right?

Reply to
Jim

Would you get it right please

Resistance is ..... FUTILE

Reply to
Jim

that's what JR thought. once ADT sees what Brinks did to him can you be far behind. I know you guys thought you were in the right but can you afford to fight the good fight with a company with unliminted resouces? and besides why would you even take the chance just to help out some cheapskate potentially convert someone else's property for a measley $25!. best to wake up and smell the coffee.

Reply to
Jim

RHC: That is the main idea of this whole unlocking thing, and the only reason I do it ! That's the reason I got started and the only reason I continue !

RHC: No, as usual ! I don't know how you could ever conclude that I have something against large companies in general. If I felt that way, I certainly wouldn't use the services of a big company to do both my monitoring AND my billing, which I do. They are an exceptional company, and I trust them fully even though they too suffer from the occasional bout of "institutionalized corporate stupidity". If I didn't, I would take it to another independant monitoring station in the area who chases accounts all the time and even offers a much lower price for monitoring services. But the services of the "big company" in this case, is much better all around. But then again, you like to read your own meaning into things, so I'm not surprised. The Borg now, on the other hand, deserve all the criticism they get, and it's legitimate at least in our area.

As I have said many times, NONE of the big companies lock their boards. It's only the small and some of the medium dealers in this area that do so !! I have also said many times, long term contracts have their place, and I insist clients honour their commitments fully before I have anything to do with them. What I don't tell them though is they are pretty damn stupid to be willing to sign a long term contract for monitoring services if they already own the equipment...

But you go ahead and believe what you want. Each time you post, I realize how entrenched you are in your thinking, and your opinion on things that you do know what you are talking about, becomes of even less interest to me. In fact I have to wonder why I even respond to your posts other than to correct your obvious errors.

Reply to
tourman

RHC: You either don't read well, or choose to see things your own way. ADT would never have a beef with me because of unlocking boards, because THEY NEVER LOCK BOARDS.....hello. Customers coming to me (and there are lots) come of their own free will and unencumbered by a long term contract. They are not stupid enough to get themselves in trouble with the Borg over their alarm system. I always suggest they check with ADT when it is unclear to find out what their commitments are. It would be stupid on their part not to do so...

BTW, it's $20 unit one and $15 for a bulk order of more than nine at a time. Compare that to the Unlocker at $200 bucks up front, and $30 per unlocking.

RHC

Reply to
tourman

Jiminex is (as usual) totally FOS. Bob isn't stealing anything. It's these crooked alarm companies who steal their customers' equipment (in law it's called unlawful conversion) by locking the customer out even after he has paid for the system. Jiminex is one of the crooked alarm dealers who engage in this despicable practice. That is why he continuously attacks those who try to help his victims (err, customers).

Reply to
Robert L Bass

if you have an unlock business as stated then you're unlocking SOMEBODYS board. May not be adt then again may be. again why potentially be accessory to illegally convert someone else's property for a whopping $15? and take the chance at being sued by a company with deep pockets like is happening to others currently. hellooo

Reply to
Mark

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.