ZONE ALARM does not run on Windows Me anymore

I reinstalled Windows Me, acct many errors in program.

I now find that there is no more version of this popular firewall for Windows Me.

Is there any other free firewall out there that is as good as this product?

Kindly suggest one.

Thanks.

PS I was forced to buy a new computer, because Windows me was running on a six year old computer and most programs do not support windows Me. I would still like to use this computer as a spare.

Roger

Reply to
meteore
Loading thread data ...

Just run an older version of ZA if you like it. Or you could try Kerio or Commodo.

Reply to
Pipboy

can you kindly advise, where I can obtain older version of ZA.

thanks.

roger

Reply to
meteore

formatting link

Reply to
prophet

Why on earth are you still running that pathetic attempt at an OS called ME? Do yourself a big favor and dump it and upgrade to one that sort of works as opposed to that sad thing.

Reply to
Jason

jason is right to laugh at you.. ME was so bad microsoft was actually giving a free copy of XP to anyone with an ME license..

Reply to
die.spam

They did? I've still got a copy of ME installed on my other PC. Works fine for me but it is not even connected to the internet and is used for old PC games. I use it over Win98SE as I don't have to go searching for USB thumb drive drivers.

Reply to
Pipboy

Come on, guys. Since the beginning of (digital) time, there are actually

3 products worse than WinME.

formatting link
Ron :)

Reply to
Ron Lopshire

ME is indeed sad, however, in all probability the computer would not be able to handle an upgrade of OS. The OP would probably be better off to just build a new PC using the latest components.

Reply to
Mellowed

AVG

formatting link

Reply to
Mellowed

SORRY. Brain fade. AVG not applicable.

Reply to
Mellowed

Why on Mars would you do such a thing?

Duh?

Sure, but not that will run on ME... which is a basket case OS, and anyone running it should have their heads examined....

No...

You're welcome.

Roger, if I were you, I'd find a copy of Win2k and do yourself a favor... a 6yo pc is not as old as you'd think, and win2k would run beautifully on it...

RedForeman

Reply to
RedForeman

This will work on ME.

formatting link

Reply to
Mellowed

Thanks for your help. I d\\l the old version.

roger

Reply to
meteore

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.