Seagate Hard Drives

Seagate now makes a model of hard drive specifically for the surveillance industry for use in digital video surveillance systems. It is called the SV35.2 SeriesT. Anyone here using them? Any good or bad experiences to report? Anyone using something else they think works better?

Reply to
Roland More
Loading thread data ...

Seagate is crap.

Reply to
Frank Olson

That may be true, but Seagate does have the largest share of the hard drive market at this time. I have always had bad luck with Maxtor (owned by Seagate now) and Western Digital. By now I guess every> > Seagate now makes a model of hard drive specifically for the

surveillance

Reply to
Just Looking

I refuse to buy Maxtor. The best hard drives ever made were manufactured by Quantum (who got bought out by Maxtor just before Seagate got involved). I'll stick with Western Digital. Nothing's really perfect.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Maxtor was one of the first HD mfgs to jump on the mail in rebate band wagon. They sent me nice little green cards letting me know they were stiffing me on a bunch of rebates for drives I had bought for a project. Screw Maxtor and anybody who owns them. I bought six drives and never received one rebate. I did get six green cards. To this day I specifically shop for products that do not use mail in rebates as part of their marketing strategy.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I must say that the only brand I have not fail on me in the last 5 years is a Samsung. It's been in one of my DVRs for 5 years now running 24/7. All around it I've had a Maxtor and 3 Western Digitals fail on me.

Reply to
Sue

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.