Letter to a freeloader

I just thought that someone would like to make a copy of this for future use.

Somtimes you just gotta do ...... watchya gotta do.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Mr, Scofflaw,

The other day when we called, again, to ask for your delinquent payment, it was such a pleasure hearing that you had called in another alarm company to take over your alarm system service and alarm monitoring. Since you have never made an effort to pay your monitoring fee in a timely manor, it was not surprising that you also made no effort, nor had the consideration to notify us when you changed to another alarm company.

I'm sure you'll not be interested in knowing that I personally installed the system in your building about 20 years ago. Through all those years, I had the pleasure of providing reliable and trustworthy service to 3 previous tenants as I did with you. The fact that neither you nor they have ever had a problem with the system, is testmony of the quality of workmanship involved. The only difference, of course, is that they *did*, have the consideration to pay their bills and ... get this .......... I didn't have to go there to get paid ....either!They obviously knew what the US mail and a stamp could do. You might want to investigate that.

Oh, and by the way, you'll find enclosed, a copy of the agreement that you signed. If you'll take the time to figure it out, you are actually under contract to (Jim's) alarm co. to fulfill this agreement or pay off the full term of the contract. At this point that would be equal to about $400.00, plus late fees for six months and legal fees for collection services. A tidy sum, what with attorneys fee's now days.

However, since it's always been my motto that "Not having a customer is better than having one that doesn't pay" it will suffice to say that I don't think doing business with you would be worth what little effort it would take to put you in for collection. Besides, when the court told you that had to pay, I'm sure you'd want me to "Come down and pick it up".

I guess the only thing I can be grateful for, is the knowledge that you'll be doing business with one of my competitors.

Per your telephone "request", your monitoring services are canceled upon your receipt of this letter.

As sincere and grateful as I can be, Yours truly,

Jim, President Jim's Alarm Co.

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.