Keypad says "check"- can't figure out what's wrong

I didn't specifically mention which of the "new Vista products", but if you'd care to have a quick "boo" at the Vista 128, you'll see that zones

1 - 128 can be programmed as wireless. The 128 comes with nine hardwired zones but you can choose to ignore them and program those specific zone numbers as wireless. The Vista 250 will support wireless zones from 1 - 250. It also comes with nine hardwired zones "on board" which you can designate as "wireless". I don't sell the Vista 20. Most of the jobs I do require a more "robust" head end.
Reply to
Frank Olson
Loading thread data ...

The following Ademco Vista products will support wireless zone configurations for zones 1-9 (which are default programmed as "traditional hardwired zones"):

Vista 40 Vista 50 Vista 128 Vista 250

Please contact the Honeywell engineers and congratulate them on their foresight. I'm not interested in using a "dumbed down" product like the Vista 10 or 20. The difference in price is minuscule (unless of course you're looking at Bass' "modest markup").

Reply to
Frank Olson

Yep. You can do this with the Vista 40, 50, 128, and 250. I don't sell the "cheaper stuff" (and I haven't serviced either a 10 or 20 for quite a while).

Reply to
Frank Olson

trunk slammers

Reply to
Spudz

Reply to
Spudz

When I open Compass for zones 1-8 on a Vista 250FBP it only has two choices for input type. Hardwired and not used. The other zones have more choices. It is not until you populate the RF section with an RF device that the other choices for Input Type show up. However there are still no polling loop options. Most times a Vista 128 or 250 FBP is used for a fire job. Not the place you typically put a wireless receiver. Over time you get used to seeing only those two choices, especially when the other Vista panels don't support wireless on 1-8. However it is true those other Vista models you mention do support RF on 1-8, just not all Vista models do. Why would you pick Vista for large jobs? Don't you get frustrated by the

128ma limit > > Really? You can configure a wireless point to a hardwired zone #? >
Reply to
Roland Moore

Not here. You can only use the Vista 128FB to *monitor* a fire alarm system (and then you have to provide the proper communicator modules).

They don't allow wireless smokes on any job requiring a fire alarm system in B.C.

Which is basically what I was trying to point out when I stated "on most of the new Vista products you can configure any zone as RF". As it happens more of the Vista products support it than don't.

On the larger jobs we've done this hasn't been an issue.

Nope. It doesn't bug me. In fact, it defines the panel as something "above" what most DIYer's (and some installer's) are capable of handling. I do have to admit that most DIYer's would probably opt for an ELK M1Gold when they're getting into this level of sophistication (home automation particularly). ELK's a lot easier to program (even from the keypad).

Yes, I have.

What wire did you use?

In Canada, you have to use a dedicated fire alarm panel. Recognized manufacturers are: GE, Siemens, Mirtone, Mircom, Edwards (EST), Secutron, Simplex, Notifier, and FireLite (to name a few). I wouldn't be able to use a burg/fire panel like the Ademco Vista 128FB for anything other than to *monitor* a "proper" fire alarm panel.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I consider Ademco an entry level product and don't use anything bigger than the 20, if the job needs anything bigger I use a different product altogether. Dunno if I'm a trunk slammer or not, but I do know none of my trucks have trunks so I guess not.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I guess that depends on how fine a point you want to put on it. By volume of panels sold? No. By model? Probably not. By current production model? Maybe, maybe not; looks about 50-50.

Well it had 22-2 & 22-4 (for burg) and 18-2, 18-4 and 16-2 (for fire) It had all the pr> > When I open Compass for zones 1-8 on a Vista 250FBP it only has two choices

Reply to
Just Looking

Panels that have a lot of zones usually say FOCUS on them. The old ones have a goofy key lock on the front panel that unscrews rather than acts as a simple cam lock. I know that ADT doesn't use that type FOCUS panel anymore. I wonder who built it for them?

Reply to
Just Looking

Perhaps you should look at what you stated in your initial response

"That's not entirely correct. On most of the new "Vista" products you can configure any zone as "RF""

1. Those do not represent "most", you can apply that moniker to those "dumbed down" systems
  2. The Vista-40 has been out for about 15 years and is not a new product
  3. The Vista-50 has been out for about 15 years and is not a new product
  4. I see you haven't priced them lately, I wouldn't call the difference minuscule

Reply to
Mark Leuck

The vista-128 is not new in fact it's over 10 years old, the new panels would be the Vista10P, 15P and 20P and Lynx

And on the Lynx you are only half right, the REN's zone 1 was hardwire only, the R-I is all wireless.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Ademco and DSC

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Game, set, match.

Reply to
alarman

I've listed four Vista panel models. You've listed three. Are we going to argue what "most" would be?? And let's have a look at the "15". It's a "10" with a little more "attitude". C'mon, Mark!!

When ADI opened their office in Edmonton and I saw the Vista 40 for the first time, I recognized it's potential immediately. That panel and the one sold today is a world apart. ISTR the polling loop module was purchased separately.

Yeah... but there's a heap of difference between the version sold 15 years ago and the one available today.

To my way of thinking a couple of hundred dollars difference on a 6000 dollar job isn't worth considering (in for a penny, in for a pound).

Reply to
Frank Olson

I "work" in a competitive, open, free market environment. I don't substitute equipment on a job we've already won to "improve our bottom line". Everything we sell/install/service is tried, tested, and true. We wouldn't sell or promote it otherwise.

Reply to
Frank Olson

dollar job isn't worth considering (in for a penny, in for a >pound).

It's clear you d> > "Frank Olson" wrote in

Reply to
Just Looking

Ademco I could buy for the old FOCUS panel. Nothing inside looks like DSC did anything, including a made in Canada sticker. The weird popit/SIM module look alike appears more like an old Detection Systems part to me.

Reply to
Just Looking

You argue just like Bass, congratulations!

Reply to
Mark Leuck

DS is also possible, the new low-end stuff is DSC

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.