Instant unlocker...

Has anyone tried this?

Looking at buying one.

formatting link

Thanks for any feedback.

Reply to
Items for Sale
Loading thread data ...

RHC: Sir, before I reply, I have to tell you that what this gentleman does is in direct competition with the unlocking services I also offer. So you might want to consider my comments somewhat biased; however, I can only tell you what I know and what I also hear.

What I KNOW is, I looked at this way of doing panel "unlocking" and rejected it some years ago. It is quite high tech, but can pose a risk to the dialers. The way it works is not "passive" in nature, but quite the opposite. It forces the panel to do certain things in a way that appears to pose a risk to the panel in some cases. What I also know is it is quite expensive for each "unlocking", but does offer you the advantage of not having to actually remove the clients locked boards from in place.

What I have HEARD from some clients who send me boards is that it doesn't always work.

This gentleman called me some time ago just as he was introducing the product to see if I was interested. I made no sense to involve myself with a methodology which I considered risky, as well as the fact that it was somewhat limited in scope in that it wouldn't unlock all versions of all DSC or Paradox boards. Other more reliable ways of doing this are also far more comprehensive in nature. However, if you don't want to stock replacement boards, this might be a solution for you.

That is the extent of my knowledge of this product.

Reply to
tourman

Robert, don't you think this is just spam from the "Unlocker" people?

Everyone here knows what the product is/isn't.

Reply to
Jim

Here is one post that can be removed..

Reply to
Dense Fog

Don't.

Reply to
Frank Olson

But does Mark Sableman?? This sucker will unlock Brinks panels faster than you can say "Brinks".

Reply to
Frank Olson

RHC: Possibly you are correct. However, in the off chance it is a legitimate enquiry, I thought I should post my thoughts on the matter.

Note to Frank: this product only works with DSC, Paradox and Ademco (to the limit it works at all). However, in case you weren't being facetious Frank, it won't unlock Brinks panels...:))

Reply to
tourman

Reply to
Items for Sale

how much are they?

Reply to
thesbian

Looks like a spam sandwich, so I replied the way you did about spam in: Message-ID:

Reply to
Dense Fog

Shhhhhhh!!!!! Most Brinks panels are "dumbed down" Ademco "Vista" 15's or 20's.

Reply to
Frank Olson

RHC: Possibly you are correct. However, in the off chance it is a legitimate enquiry, I thought I should post my thoughts on the matter.

It's made by the same people who make Secure Wireless sensors, I imagine it works well although as you said expensive per unlock however considering that in my experience most companies use 1 or 2 installer codes it would be worth it if a tech runs into the same companies like I did

One installer code from Ranger American for instance would get me into hundreds of PC1500's when I did takeovers

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I'm sure it works, its up to you if its worth it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Jesus man the price is on the freaking website!

Reply to
Mark Leuck

RHC: I didn't know that ! That must send shivers up the spine of the Brinks corporate types...hey, maybe we should all chip in and send one to that turkey lawyer of theirs just for good measure.....:))

Reply to
tourman

It was a joke, even tho Honeywell makes it the panel is a different design from Vista panels

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Looking at buying one.

formatting link

Thanks for any feedback.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

thank you, my son. but you you may call me father.

Reply to
thesbian

That might be dicey for Brinks. Since this is a product that exploits a common weakness in a panel, and doesn't seem to involve publicly exposing any of Brinks "trade secrets", and I don't know what legal angle Brinks would use to try and stop it. Furthermore, since this is a going concern with real lawyers it would be difficult to find a venue sympathetic enough to Brinks to guaranty a win for Brinks. Kicking Jim's ass for giggles is easy enough, shutting down the unlocker would require some real legal work. I suspect that undertaking and its expense would get some heavy scrutiny from Brinks' management. I think Brinks would have to be really feeling it in the wallet to go after them. I don't think the unlocker actually mentions that it works on Brinks stuff, even if it actually does. I think every one is for keeping the status quo until the numbers start to change. It would be intersting if the unlocker boys wanted to use Jim as a proxy to see how the law would come down on this issue. I don't think the unlocker is setting any sales records at this time, so I don't think that would ever happen.

Reply to
Roland Moore

problems so far getting them to do so

messagenews:b8j0j.7833$Ji6.4170@edtnps89...

RHC: Well, with ADT, they use Ademco products pretty well standard here in Canada other than when they used DSC products for a period of time (I don't believe they still do). I've never come across an ADT panel of any make that was locked and I takeover a lot of them from unhappy clients. Locking boards seems to be the domain of the small companies as well as those in the "free system" market (a quite legitimate use for this feature IMO since the client doesn't own the board)

The vast majority of boards I get to unlock are from small and medium companies who save them up and send them to me in bulk for the discounted price. They in turn are taking over systems usually installed by some "little guy" who in most cases either doesn't give a damn about who owns the board or simply does it because he perceives it as giving him some protection from other companies. Others are from homeowners who move into a new home and find themselves with a useless panel (either the installing company is no longer in existence, or only offers service at an excessive price). Other big companies don't seem to do this either, since their contracts pretty well protect them against hostile moves from other companies (in the rare cases where this actually happens). The vast majority of boards that I get are DSC and Paradox panels, which still are a decent deal for $15 to unlock a board which costs $60. The other instances where it is worth doing are when doing takeovers of locked and no longer available DSC 1550's,

2550's and 3000's. Often the company coming in cannot find these older boards anymore, and would lose the takeover if they had to replace the board and the older keypads even at their cost. I often get calls from companies asking me if I have any of these older boards for sale. I suspect that is also where the Unlocker is finding it's market !

Now that most of the actual business activities have been transferred to my son, I have loads of time on my hands. I have been thinking of emailing the list of 2500 alarm companies here in Canada, but so far haven't done so , since this could easily be misinterpreted as spam. Also, I really don't know what sort of flood of business this might release.There is a market for this service here in Canada, but it is not large, and is quite "selective" in nature. Jim on the other hand, with a market of 300 million people to cater too, and since he services all makes of panels, could actually make a fair buck at it.....

Reply to
tourman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.