Installation/Upgrade info needed for Safewatch Pro 3000EN, from Tyco / ADT

2200 bucks would not be an unfair price to pay for a system of that scope.

It's not a scam, if you go on their website and price it out you'll see the charge 70 bucks for each door/window, so they're charging you half...seems fair to me.

You won't find a reliable/reputable/ethical company to work on a system that is under contract with someone else (ADT), so you may have to do this yourself and hope ADT will accept your level of workmanship.

He doesn't like you he likes your money...it's just business. That's what you get with a big company...you're just a source of revenue. Rip off?...nah just a for-profit company.

ADT is not gonna supply you with programming instructions. They may not even take your zoning if you are able to program it...they may insist on programming it...I would.

wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... | On Jul 31, 2:10 pm, "Crash Gordon" | wrote: | > What do you mean...35 doors/windows and only two wires to hook up? Does that | > mean you have 17.5 doors and windows on each wire? Did you put the switches | > on already? | >

| > wrote in message | >

| > news: snipped-for-privacy@m37g2000prh.googlegroups.com... | > | On Jul 30, 10:03 pm, Frank Olson wrote: | > | > snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: | >

| > | > > I'm looking for an installation manual, a website or other information | > | > > for the following alarm system: | > | >

| > | > > Safewatch Pro 3000EN, from Tyco / ADT | > | >

| > | > > I'm looking for exact information (preferably in printed form) on | > | > > installing a second, or even a third keyboard, as well as additional | > | > > door, window, glass breakage, and motion sensors. Please be | > | > > considerate and only post if you are able to add constructive | > | > > information. | > | >

| > | > > This appears to be a disappointingly cheap system. At this point I am | > | > > stuck with it. I will not pay $35 to have the door and window sensors | > | > > I already ran in new construction simply connected to the circuit | > | > > board. | > | >

| > | > Most professionals here would be reluctant to give you such information | > | > particularly as it appears that you may still be under contract to ADT. | > | > The Safewatch Pro is an Ademco Panel that's been slightly modified for | > | > use exclusively by ADT. You will need a full alpha keypad (6139 or | > | > 6160) to program they system. You will have to assign the keypad an | > | > address (not currently in use by the other keypads on the system), and | > | > enroll the keypad into the system (in other words, tell the unit that | > | > it's there). As to the specific manual, you'll have to find out what | > | > the equivalent Ademco Panel is. Even when you do, some of the address | > | > fields may be different. I doubt any ADT techs would even consider | > | > giving you a manual.- Hide quoted text - | > | >

| > | > - Show quoted text - | > | | > | | > | | > | Frank you appear knowledgeable. Any idea how to find if there is an | > | equivalent. I must say, the salesmen was aware of the 35 doors and | > | windows I had prewired. I see now he figured I'd be locked into ADT | > | and have no choice but to pay them $1200 to connect the doors and | > | windows, plus keyboards. $35 to connect two wires. Common, that's past | > | flat-out ripping you off. | > | | > | | > | --thanks frank | > | | > | | > | | > | | | | | Sorry I don't understand your question. I have about 30-35 doors and | windows. Each door and window has a magnetic switch already install. | This is new construction. Each uses two conductors so actually that's | maybe 70 or so conductors. ADT actually expects me to pay $35 to | connect the two conducts up to the circuit board for each and every | door and window. That's $1000-$1200. This could not talk two hours to | do and they want over $1k??? Oh, maybe it's the series resistor that | cost so much??? (That was a joke). | | I thought ADT was a good company. Right now I think ADT is nothing but | a scam. I paid $375 for this. They wanted I think $2200 with two of | the lowest priced keypads they have. One sold on ebay the other day | for $10. This isn't high-tech stuff. ADT appears to sell crap. | | The salesmen knew I didn't want to pay his company another $1k or so | but evidently he sold me the system knowing very well that ADT will | die before they will every give up any info for me to do this. Gee, | and I thought he "liked" me. | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

What a CHEAP F--K, now I know how he got the money for a house with 35 plus openings........... By screwing everyone he meets... Probably a Dentist, they're the WORST......

Reply to
Russell Brill

If you're still under contract to ADT, you're going to have to employ their services (much as it may pain you to do so) to finish the job properly. Yes, the $35.00 sounds a bit "steep" but if you're actually dealing with ADT Corporate (and not an independent dealer), it's a pretty "fair" price. Consider the fact that you've probably saved yourself a bundle already (doing the pre-wire yourself) and the fact the the tech is going to have to make it work. You can probably "negotiate" a fixed price that's a tad lower (say $30.00 per opening) but they may require you to extend your service agreement to compensate. I hate spending money (about as much as you do), but when you've bought a "Maytag" (or a "Dell")it's best to let "Earl" fix it. If you can get a "fixed price" (that includes any additional equipment that might be required), then that's all for the better (in my book at least). Good luck!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

$35 per sensor just to connect the wires to the panel? If I understand you correctly, there's little for ADT to do. Even if they test every sensor afterward, the whole job is still less than 2 hours' work. You'd be better off buying a panel, installing it yourself and having one of the discount monitoring firms like 911alarm.com do the monitoring. You can buy a new (non-ADT) control panel, use the existing keypads and all your wiring for less than $180.

Hook it up yourself and have it monitored for about $12 a month. Even after paying for a new panel you'll be way ahead the first year and you won't get ripped off with excessive labor fees.

ADT *corporate* is usually OK. ADT also has so-called "authorized dealers". These are independent alarm companies who have an agreement to sell their monitoring accounts to ADT. They use ADT's name and logo. They're supposed to indicate clearly that they are not ADT itself but many times they fail to do so. There have been hundreds of complaints from victims of these authorized dealers who pull every kind of scam in the book. Your problem with this dealer is fairly common. The salesman will promise anything to get the signature on the multi-year monitoring contract.

What you want is of little to no importance to the salesman. He got what he wanted -- the commission for getting your signature on that agreement. Cancel the contract based on the misleading sales pitch. File a complaint with your state's licensing agency.

If you want help on this call me. I cater to DIYers who want to install or service their own alarm systems so I'm not without bias in this area. You've probably noticed how "helpful" most professional alarm installers are in this newsgroup. Many work for or own companies that do the exact same things to their customers that ADT did to you.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

god what a numb nut. 35 openings mounting switches and hooking up panel and testing in 2 hours? you are a maroon. attention, attention lying idiot fishboy on the loose in the GROUP trying to scam his way into another sale!

Reply to
Kraka

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Robert you are the ONLY one not an asshole or who wasted my time. What is with these losers? Don't they have girlfriends. They spend all their time second guessing everyone and talking shit about what they know nothing about. Why are they handling on an alarm group? Trying to meet girls??? Other morons say that $1200 for two hours work by ADT is a "good deal". I am amazed!! I guess My Space must have kicked them off, uh? I will contact you. I'm also confident I will get out of this deal with ADT. ADT is a joke. In most industries the larger company tend not to rip you off. It doesn't take a scientist to put in an alarm, notwithstanding the geniuses posting here lately. --thanks

Reply to
awetrwerewr

This person is a scam artist and should be avoided at all costs. He lies constantly about his capabilities, simply to dupe people into buying from his website. Take a look at his horrendous Better Business Bureau Report.

BBB Reliability Report

The Better Business Bureau? Serving Florida's West Coast P.O. Box 7950 Clearwater, FL 33758-7950 (727) 535-5522 (24 Hours)

formatting link

Bass Burglar Alarms

4883 rest Cir Sarasota, FL 2265 Telephone: (941) -1100 Fax: (941) -0448
formatting link

The BBB reports on members and non-members. If a company is a member of the BBB, it is stated in this report BBB Definition:

report - A summary of activity reflected in a company's BBB file. Includes basic business background, BBB membership information, and Bureau complaint activity over the previous three years. Also reports may include any known government actions, advertising issues or other information that results from activity conducted by the BBB.

Principal: Mr. Robert L Bass, Owner Customer Contact: Mr. Robert L Bass, Owner - (941)-9747 File Open Date: June 2002 TOB Classification: Electric Equipment-Service & Repair, Fire Alarm Systems, Security Control Equipment, Sys/Monitor BBB Membership: This company is not a member.

Additional DBA Names BassElectronics

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record BBB Definition:

unsatisfactory record - A company has an "unsatisfactory business performance record" with the Bureau is based on the experiences reflected in BBB files. This file condition results when the company has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the underlying issues for a pattern BBB Definition:

pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business.

of complaints, failed to honor their commitment to mediate or arbitrate disputes or honor mediated agreements or arbitrated decisions, failed to substantiate, modify or discontinue false advertising claims that are challenged by the BBB, or failed to discontinue unauthorized use of the BBB name and logo, a Federally protected trademark.

with the Bureau due to unanswered complaints. The company has resolved BBB Definition:

resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

some complaints presented by the Bureau, however, the Bureau did not receive a response to other complaints BBB Definition:

other complaints - This refers to complaints from individuals or businesses that do not fall under a specific category.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The Bureau processed a total of 28 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 28 complaints closed in 36 months, 10 were closed in the last year.

Billing or Collection Issues BBB Definition:

Billing or Collection Issues - Claim alleging billing errors, unauthorized charges, or questionable collection practices.

Resolved BBB Definition:

Resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

1 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.

Delivery Issues BBB Definition:

Delivery Issues - Claims alleging delayed delivery of ordered merchandise.

Resolved BBB Definition:

9 - Company resolved BBB Definition:

the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB. 1 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB. No Response BBB Definition:

No Response - The company failed to respond to the complaint.

4 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Customer Service Issues BBB Definition:

Service Issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, or damaged merchandise as a result of delivery service.

BBB Definition:

Customer Service Issues - Claims alleging unsatisfactory customer service, including personnel's failure to provide assistance in a timely manner, failure to address or respond to customer dissatisfaction, unavailability for customer support, and/or inappropriate behavior or attitude exhibited by company staff.

Resolved BBB Definition:

1 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB. No Response BBB Definition:

1 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Product Issues BBB Definition:

Product Issues - Claim alleging a product does not meet the expectations of the complainant, including defective merchandise.

No Response BBB Definition:

2 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Refund or Exchange Issues BBB Definition:

Refund or Exchange Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor company policy or verbal commitment to provide refunds, exchanges, or credit for products or services.

Resolved BBB Definition:

6 - Company resolved BBB Definition:

the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB. No Response BBB Definition:

2 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Issue Not Defined No Response BBB Definition:

1 - Company failed to respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

Additional Addresses, Telephone Numbers, Fax Numbers, and Web Addresses

Additional Addresses

2291View Cir Sarasota, FL 34-6929

Additional Phone Numbers Tel: (941)-9747 Tel: (877) -8900 Tel: (941)-3167 Additional Fax Numbers Fax: (941) -9747 Additional Web Addresses

formatting link
formatting link

Industry Tips

Safe & Sound: Securing Your Home Home Fire Protection

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Report as of August 1, 2007 Copyright? 2007 Better Business Bureau?, Inc.

If you choose to do business with this company, please let the company know that you contacted the Better Business Bureau for a report.

BBB reports may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.

The information in this report has either been provided by the company or has been compiled by the Bureau from other reliable sources.

As a matter of policy, the Better Business Bureau does not endorse any product, service or company. BBB reports generally cover a three-year reporting period, and are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information contained in this report is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy. Reports are subject to change at any time.

Reply to
Jim

With your attitude I think it might be difficult to find an alarm company that would want you as a customer in the first place. Since you started this project yourself, you should be glad to finish it yourself. If you can hook up 35 disparate zones along with the necessary zone expanders, program the panel along with all the extra zones (and put in the custom English text for each and every zone), test them FULLY to note gap distance on each protected opening, find all the grounds, shorts or opens on the wires, fill out the EIS sheet and send signals to the central station for each and every zone, all in just 2 hours, by yourself, I'll kiss your ass on the court house steps and give you another two hours to draw a crowd to witness it. After you have finished your little install to the parameters I mention above I am sure you are man enough to come back here and eat crow to tell us how long this whole thing really took you. Don't be afraid to send up a picture of your work too. I'm sure it will be trimmed out with tie straps and zone labels on all the wires, right? By the way it is standard to spec 4 hours to trim and program most alarm panels.

Robert you are the ONLY one not an asshole or who wasted my time. What is with these losers? Don't they have girlfriends. They spend all their time second guessing everyone and talking shit about what they know nothing about. Why are they handling on an alarm group? Trying to meet girls??? Other morons say that $1200 for two hours work by ADT is a "good deal". I am amazed!! I guess My Space must have kicked them off, uh? I will contact you. I'm also confident I will get out of this deal with ADT. ADT is a joke. In most industries the larger company tend not to rip you off. It doesn't take a scientist to put in an alarm, notwithstanding the geniuses posting here lately. --thanks

Reply to
Just Looking

Robert you are the ONLY one not an asshole or who wasted my time. What is with these losers?

Thats because Robert only wants to sell you product, the rest of us don't. Watch how much help he is when you don't want to buy anything

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Robert is the only one here that is telling you what you want to hear.

ADT probably not let you out of your contract, but if they do and you purchase a new panel, hook up everything except the 35 windows and doors and get it working. Then start timing, go back and hook up all the windows and doors in the lasst 35, program them , test them, send signals to your new central station, and come back here and let us know the time it took.

If you can do it in under 2 hours and it all works correctly, then you can probably get a job from anyone here.

By the way, no one here tries to be an asshole. a lot depends on how you ask your questions. most everyone here knows how to do their job and run their business. you got honest feedback, and slammed everyone for it. we are a smartass lot but you need to look a little closer to home to find the asshole.

Reply to
Tommy

How much is YOUR time worth? What do you do for a living?

We do alarms and other low voltage work...we know what it costs and what it takes to do a job the right way.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Well, I do have my moments. :^)

They're not all that way. A few actually try to help from time to time. I piss them off by explaining to DIYers how to do what they do for a living. In return they file bogus complaints, harass my vendors and post lots of hateful stuff online. It seems to make them happy. I guess that's better than going around stealing hubcaps. :^)

Or guys???

It is pretty ridiculous. I like it when they try to explain that their fees are so high because they pay their state a licensing fee of $150 a year or whatever. I guess to them it all seems reasonable.

Or NAMBLA.

Fine. I'm around from 10:00 am (Eastern) most weekdays. Weekends are catch as catch can.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Comes naturally, eh?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

"Robert L Bass" wrote in news:dlasi.2304$2c6.888 @trnddc01:

yeah, maybe for you.

Me. i work hard at it!

Reply to
Tommy

Nice to know you're a success.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

"Robert L Bass" wrote in news:xyasi.2310$2c6.390 @trnddc01:

yes I am.

you're only half that :)

Reply to
Tommy

Out of about 20 people, only you and the only asshole who only wants to sell you something, are the only two nice guys here.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Reply to
Jim

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Oh, I didn't kow they had to pay a $150 lic fee. Why didn't you say so??

I see what you mean above. Do they think they'll get work by hanging out on a Google group all day? Just amazes me people who have nothing better to do, talking about thing they could not possibly know about. I guess that's why my space is so popular. Also gives a place for those with a job to f*ck the boss by wasting time online. This would be a great place if not for the losers.

Reply to
awetrwerewr

Heh. Some are licensed. Others need a leash.

Not really. I'm about the only one who gets work here. I get a lot of customers who have read my posts. Many remark about some of the thugs who post trash here.

Yes, I know. It's almost an online sport. If you look at the posting patterns you'll see that some spend literally every off-duty hour in ASA. It tells you something about their lack of a life. I post mainly to get business. I try to offer help to DIYers and newbies and I soemtimes reply to the idiocy. It works. End users quickly see who is trying to help and who is just being rude.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.