DSC PC3000 ?

PC3000 cant send SIA or CID can it? Pain in the butt DSC stuff.

Reply to
Crash
Loading thread data ...

Well duh that panels 15 years old, what did you expect?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

when tis panel was created SIA didnt exist yet,and CID was exclusive to ademco panel,and was not widly used....

"Crash" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Pierre

It's that old? Seems like it was put in around 1998 or so the client says...maybe a reused board?

Time for a remodel I'd think.

Thanks.

Well, how old is the 4140xmp? That's pretty dang old and sends cid.

Mark Leuck wrote:

Reply to
Crash

The earliest documentation I can find is Feb 1990 so it came out somewhere around 1989

Well if it works I'd use it

It's about as old however back then CID was Ademco's format not the rest of the industries

Reply to
Mark Leuck

SIA was out around that time, the AT&T 8300 used it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Hmmmm.... not sure about when it was brand new, but when I switched to FBI from DSC some of the FBI panels including the XL4 had CID.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

The older Legend 100 which was close to the XL-4 couldn't do CID, I have a feeling when they came out with the XL-4 it was after the Pittway aquisition?

Just a guess anyway

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I told him I'd remodel it, basically for free with a 3 year committment to monitoring (my standard anyway) at my normal rate. He decided to keep the old one and get monitored by some local yahoo for 6.95 a month. There's a smart dood for yah!

I know who came out on top on this one!

:-)

Mark Leuck wrote:

Reply to
Crash

It takes some people a long time to learn "when to fold em"

When first starting out yer willing to take the good with the bad.

At this point, when doing estimates, if I start out not liking someones "attitude", the price goes up ...... alot.

Also, doesn't take too much nowdays to send out that ol price increase letter either ..... when I come across that individual that begins to become a problem. According to the contract, they've got the right to cancel and when they complain about the increase, I direct their attention to that part of the contact. I've got the right to rescind the increase. I just don't rescind ..... and ka poof...... they're gone. All that remains are the nice people and the good payers ...... who are also the good referrers.

Reply to
Jim

I walk away from a lot. I just don't have the brain space for idiots, finicky clients, and slow-pays. Who needs the headaches?

Jim wrote:

Reply to
Crash

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.