home security battery ??

Hello:) I have a DSC (DIGITAL SECURITY CONTROLS) alarm system in the home. I have found their website online but they wont return my email. Recently a "yellow" trouble light came on which I checked the code in the manual and it says it is the battery. Where on earth is the battery so I can change it?? Manual does not say. I tried prying the keypad but didnt seem to come apart. My model is a PC1500. Thanks for the help in advance!! :)

Reply to
:
Loading thread data ...

You'll have to locate the main control. It's usually in a closet tucked up out of the way. It's a metal can about 13" square and about 3.5" deep. The battery that's usually supplied with this product is a 12 v 4.5 or 5AH. You can buy them at "Rat Shack" or from your local alarm dealer.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Don't pry under the keypad. Go into the basement, garage, or closet, and look for several small gauge wires (look like phone wires) going into a beige or gray metal box about 12 inches square. That is your alarm control panel. If your system is hardwired only, (doesn't have any wireless devices with little batteries in them at the doors &/or windows) and your battery is at least 5 yrs old, it's in need of replacement. (or you tripped an a/c circuit or blew your low voltage alarm transformer- but if the batt is that old, replace it anyway) Inside the alarm control panel, you'll find your old battery with a red and a black wire attached by slide clips to red and black battery terminals. Slide these off, and put a new battery in of the same type. It's either a 12vdc 4ah, or a 12vdc 7ah batt. DO NOT attach the leads to the wrong terminals on the battery- they are color coded, so be very careful- you will fry the main board &/or start an electrical fire if you hook it up backwards.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.