$533 Clover 4 ch. DVR features good for home, or whats better?

And you will be lucky to get a response. Clover is a generic brand that is sold through components distributors to any retailer. Basically it is considered a consumer grade line. My advice to you is, buy it. File your receipt where you can find it. Try it. If you don't like it return it.

Sam's Club does have a liberal return policy.

For the rest of you guys this is my stock answer who says, there is a system over at SamsWalmartHomeDepotMegaBoxBlowesHomeImproveentETC.

I am not interested in selling it or installing it, but if you think it might work for you and you are willing to install it yourself then, "My advice to you is, buy it. File your receipt where you can find it. Try it. If you don't like it return it."

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Could someone let me know if this dvr from Clover has good enough features for my home or is there better. Here is the specs

formatting link
It can be bought at Sams Club for $533. Has a 2 year warranty and uses wavelet compression. Ip ready.

I asked this same question over on cctvforums but no response.

Reply to
Mach 1

I don't know about something better for approx. the same price. That is about as **cheap** as they come with any expectance of be operational. No one here will want to advise you on anything compared with Sam's Club unless they refer you to the internet where you will find about a kazillion DVR's available. I think most here, or at the cctv group, are dealing with a much better grade of DVR than what these Wallymart-Rat Shack type stores offer and will cost about 30% higher to start depending on specifications.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Oh really. Well you would think they would at least tell me of another brand that is better for around 5 to $600 for a 4 channel. Or is that not possible with these features.

The one thing I see wrong with this unit is it dont have usb. What else?

I would rather have someone point me to another brand, than end up taking this one back.

Reply to
Mach 1

Dishnetwork can afford to almost give stuff away since they are making money on you every month. Besides, the 721 is $549 standalone price.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You are exactly right.

Reply to
pcbutts1

Okay, how about NOT the same price. Does this mean a good no wally shack 4 channel dvr starts at $1000. If so, it has to have a great feature that makes it stand out for $467 more.

Im still trying to figure out why these are so expensive when I only paid $250 for my Dishnetwork 721 pvr new.

Reply to
Mach 1

formatting link

Reply to
pcbutts1

You have a good point there.

I lucked up and got it from them for a promotion price. Here is where I found out about it.

formatting link

Reply to
Mach 1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.