camera system question.

i dont do much camera systems and the ones i do are very simple, i have a customer that wants a 4 camera system and wants to be able to connect them to a computer were it would then be able to be monitored from a remote location. im just working on a site proposal for the sutomer does anyone have experience with these systems and what variety of components work well together for this kind of arrangement? thanks for any advice.

Reply to
Toni
Loading thread data ...

Dedicated Micros Eco4

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Its ethernet ready.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Reply to
Toni

I didn't see the original question, and I hate to hijack a reply. The DM product is solid. GE/ Kalatel makes a good unit called a StoreSafe that is immune to Windows issues since it uses a proprietary OS. Bosch has a small 4 channel that's cheap and has networkability built in. The American Dynamics Intellex is probably the easiest DVR to operate that I've used. It's available in numerous models including a

4 channel unit.
Reply to
J. Sloud

Reply to
Toni

Depends on your price range, for the USA:

PowerTellecom R4000 - 4 channel Budget DVR with Client LAN Software, great quality, very stable. Used one for a while personally and have several clients with them and no issues.

formatting link
AvTech 4 channel - 4 Channel Budget DVR with Removable HDD, USB, and Browser Based LAN software. Once again stable system, remote video software is limited but if you need a budget DVR with browser based, such as for DDNS, this one works. Got one sitting right here for past couple months, just works.
formatting link
Active-Tek 4 channel DVR - also sold under Eclipse CCTV as Nubix, Uriel.net as TM400, and several others. USB, MPEG4, 120pps, DDNS, and then some. Great mid range 4 channel DVR. Optional CDR also. Have only used the remote software myself but several colleagues in the US sell them and have had great results.

GE StoreSafe 4 channel - rock solid with full featured client LAN software, same software used in their more advanced units. More advanced would be the StoreSafe Pro, StoreSafe Pro-2, DVMRe-CT, and DVMRe-PRO. Used and sold many of these, no issues at all.

DM is a waste of money on the US side IMO and I would stay clear of it, doesnt match up to the GE DVRs and costs more. Used the DM also.

Bosch has some decent units coming out.

Sanyo also has some decent 4 channel DVRs though for the extra couple hundred $$ i would buy the GE StoreSafe.

Panasonic has some high end units but complicated to set up, and a heavier price tag than the others.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

also check out

formatting link
for some more info on DVRs if you have some time.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Also, if you are comfortable with Computer Hardware, can look at the following PC DVR cards, which give you more features and faster recording speeds:

I-view - great remote video, little playback features, simple to set up. ActiveX remote browser software and windows client remote software.

formatting link

GeoVision - More expensive, more playback features, Higher Local Resolution. ActiveX browser remote software and windows client remotesoftware.

formatting link

Video Insight - Customized in the US (Texas), Hybrid (works with local cameras and IP cameras/servers), Cross Browser/OS Remote Software using Javascript Image Grab, and client remote software.

formatting link

Reply to
cctvbahamas

wondcam had written this in response to

formatting link
: you can choose a IP camera or 4 channel wireless camera, wireless camera always can be monitor from 100 meter away. IP camera could be visit in anywhere in the worldwide via internet.

Wondcam Innovation Limited wholesale security spy surveillance gadget from china i dont do much camera systems and the ones i do are very simple, i have

Reply to
wondcam

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.