home alarm system?

I sort of doubt they'll ever see any money from the lawsuit but their objective wasn't to get money out of him. The purpose seems to have been to scare off other potential infringers. If that is the case, they already got what they wanted.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

I disagree. They accomplished less than nothing since their Judgment was a "default one". They didn't establish their IP (indeed probably couldn't have if Jim had played it right)...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Actually while they did not establish a good quality precedent to use in future court cases I suspect that a number of people here have been intimidated by their bullying tactics.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Actually all of what they did, provides me with a little porfolio of information which I will freely show to anyone who even considers watching a Brinks commercial on TV. Anytime a prospect mentions the TV adds, I bring out some of the posts that were made here and show them what kind of companys advertise on TV. I use them as a prime example of how they are going to be screwed and how willing they are to protect their right to screw people who are dumb enough to sign their agreements.

That is, if Brinks is picky enough to go after a little guy down in Florida who sells their old discarded equipment because it's leased to all of their customers, just imagine what they'd do to the customer who decided they didn't like the service they were getting from them.

I feel bad that it was at the expense of Jim, but that was beyond my control and I think everyone else in the industry should benefit from it as much as possible.

I have and as far as I can tell, no customer that I've shown the information to has gone with Brinks or any National company. Yesssssssssssss! You can't get a better testimonial about how bad a company can be than if it's actually from the actions of the company itself.

THANK YOU BINKY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Jim

Yah,,,their public record speaks for itself doesn't it?!

Actually it's really easy selling against any of the big boys.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Over 30 years ago when I was first getting started I was a little intimidated by the nationals. I was working by myself, had little sales experience and used to dress in jeans and polo shirts. Every so often I'd cross paths with an ADT salesman. They had cars with their national logo, wore suits and looked very impressive. It wasn't until a few clients told me some of the dumb stuff these guys would say and the woefully inadequate systems they offered that I realized how easy they were to beat.

Reply to
news.giganews.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.