Help with new Vista 20

OK, I have put resistors on all the zones so I can program this thing on the bench. I can get into the programming mode, I can arm and disarm it with the installer code or the default 1234 code. But HOW can I change the user code? I tried entering 4112 + 8 + 02 and it doesn't do anything. I tried 1234, 8, 02 and it still doesn't . But If I do

4112, 8, 00, I get into programming mode. Do I need to have the battery connected before it will work? I'm running with no battery right now to test this thing. I would like to have it pretty much programmed before I start installing it.

Thanks

Reply to
Injun Ear
Loading thread data ...
4112 + 8 + 02 + new code or 1234 + 8 + 02 + new code

The keypad will beep once when code change is successful. Try not to hesitate when pressing the keys, Ademco panels don't like that.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

You have to use the Installer Code to add the Master Code, then use the Master to add other codes.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.