Add new user with Partition rights in Ademco XMPT2

Hi all

I have an Ademco 4140XMPT2 with 2 partitions and two keyboards, one per partition. I generated 5 users per partition through 2*17, and I allowed the GOTO command throught 2*18.

When I generate new users, for example 02, I type INSTALLER_CODE + 8 + 02

• 1234 , but instead of entering to a new user form, the system enters to edit user form, so it only asks me for its Auth. Level and Open/Close Report, but it does not ask me for Multi-Access, Global Arm, Shopr nor S Whse. I even delete the user before with INSTALLER_CODE + 8 + 02 + INSTALLER_CODE, but it then, when I try to generate a new user again, the system enters again into a edit user menu and therefore it does not allow me to control the to partitions (arm, disarm, etc.) from one keyboard.

Could anybody please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

-------------------------------------

__!__ -----o----- " "

Reply to
senapc
Loading thread data ...

Are you sure the panel has been set up for 2 partitions if not that may explain why your getting kicked out

Reply to
nick markowitz

Hi Nick,

Thank you very much for your interest. I think that I solved 99% of the problem. In my case, befores I set keyboard 1 with address 01 and partition 1 and keyboard 2 with address 02 and partition 2. As soon as I set keyboard 1 with address 00 it began to allow me to configure partitions for the users. It seems like although it does not allow me to configure keyboard 1 with the #93 menu, the systems takes it into account that it belongs to partition 1.

Now I can do global arming with keyboard 1. The only little problem now is that I can not do global arming with keyboard 2, although at least I can GOTO partition 1 with keyboard 2 and arm/disarm partition 1 if needed.

Regards.

-------------------------------------

__!__ -----o----- " "

Reply to
senapc

Reply to
nick markowitz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.