HighQueueDropRate on 8** series

Hello,

Ciscoworks is often reporting the event HighQueueDropRate on some of my wireless routers (837, 877w, ...) for example, today : InputPacketQueueDropPct 1.6998109 % but it could be OutputPacketQueueDropPct. basically, the value is set to 1% (default value)

I would like to know if somebody have an idea of why I've got this event (only on wireless interfaces), and how to decrease the number of droped packet (please not how to set the value at 2% on Ciscoworks :D ).

thanks

Reply to
jkt.nocrack
Loading thread data ...

~ Hello, ~ ~ Ciscoworks is often reporting the event HighQueueDropRate on some of ~ my wireless routers (837, 877w, ...) ~ for example, today : InputPacketQueueDropPct 1.6998109 % ~ but it could be OutputPacketQueueDropPct. ~ basically, the value is set to 1% (default value) ~ ~ I would like to know if somebody have an idea of why I've got this ~ event (only on wireless interfaces), and how to decrease the number of ~ droped packet (please not how to set the value at 2% on ~ Ciscoworks :D ). ~ ~ thanks

I suppose you could police your data flows so that your traffic throttling doesn't show up as interface drops. No particular practical reason to do that, that I can think of.

What is your goal/concern here?

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

I would like to be sure that quality of service is always good enough. I just wonder if it's a real issue. Users never report any problems, but if Cisco set this rate to 1%, that probably mean it's not very good to be often over it. If you tell me more than 1% of dropped packet is normal for a wireless interface, it will be fine.

Arnaud

Reply to
jkt.nocrack

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.