FLAME: Robert Bass, you big Meanie!!!!

There... Thank you for allowing me the opportunity for testing my EFS (Emergency FLAME System). If this had been a real emergency, you would have seen some additional comments involving various four and five letter discriptors, modifiers, and adjectives. We now return you to our regular programming.

Reply to
Frank Olson
Loading thread data ...

fix=B7a=B7tion Pronunciation Key (fk-sshn) n.

1. The act or process of fixing or fixating. 2. An obsessive preoccupation. 3. Psychology. A strong attachment to a person or thing, especially such an attachment formed in childhood or infancy and manifested in immature or neurotic behavior that persists throughout life.
Reply to
robertlbass

flame Pronunciation Key (flm) n.

1. The zone of burning gases and fine suspended matter associated with rapid combustion; a hot, glowing mass of burning gas or vapor.
  2. The condition of active, blazing combustion: burst into flame.
  3. Something resembling a flame in motion, brilliance, intensity, or shape.
  4. A violent or intense passion.
  5. Informal. A sweetheart.
  6. Informal. An insulting criticism or remark meant to incite anger, as on a computer network.

v. flamed, flam·ing, flames v. intr.

1. To burn brightly; blaze.
  2. To color or flash suddenly: cheeks that flamed with embarrassment.
  3. Informal. To make insulting criticisms or remarks, as on a computer network, to incite anger.

v. tr.

1. To burn, ignite, or scorch (something) with a flame.
  2. Informal. To insult or criticize provokingly, as on a computer network.
  3. Obsolete. To excite; inflame.

Phrasal Verb: flame out

To fail: ?Only a handful of companies have flamed out in the two decades since the birth of the [biotech] industry? (Rhonda L. Rundle).

[Middle English, from Anglo-Norman flaumbe, variant of Old French flambe, from flamble, from Latin flammula, diminutive of flamma. See bhel-1 in Indo-European Roots.]

truth Pronunciation Key (trth) n. pl. truths (trthz, trths)

1. Conformity to fact or actuality.
  2. A statement proven to be or accepted as true.
  3. Sincerity; integrity.
  4. Fidelity to an original or standard.
  5. 1. Reality; actuality. 2. often Truth That which is considered to be the supreme reality and to have the ultimate meaning and value of existence.

[Middle English trewthe, loyalty, from Old English trowth. See deru- in Indo-European Roots.]

Synonyms: truth, veracity, verity, verisimilitude These nouns refer to the quality of being in accord with fact or reality. Truth is a comprehensive term that in all of its nuances implies accuracy and honesty: ?We seek the truth, and will endure the consequences? (Charles Seymour). Veracity is adherence to the truth: ?Veracity is the heart of morality? (Thomas H. Huxley). Verity often applies to an enduring or repeatedly demonstrated truth: ?beliefs that were accepted as eternal verities? (James Harvey Robinson). Verisimilitude is the quality of having the appearance of truth or reality: ?merely corroborative detail, intended to give artistic verisimilitude to an otherwise bald and unconvincing narrative? (W.S. Gilbert).

Reply to
Frank Olson

Way too much time on the puter...

Reply to
JW

You got that right. I deserve it though. I had to replace a fried Edwards 6632 last night. Got the call at 1500 hours. I didn't get home until 2145. What a pain, but at least the customer didn't need to pay for a fire watch all week-end long...

Reply to
Frank Olson

I think Robert's definition is closer to the mark than yours

You sure you aren't part h*mo Frank?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You know I've had service situations like that before but I never thought of blowing off steam quite the way you did

Reply to
Mark Leuck

The only thing with "h*mo" in it in our house is in our refrigerator and even that's only 2%.

Reply to
Frank Olson

That wasn't the reason for the "Flame"...

Reply to
Frank Olson

If you say so

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yep... I do...

RLB wrote this little gem in CHA:

"In answer to your question, I worked on a P9600 system a few weeks ago. While there have been a few tweaks to the firmware, the panel is essentially the same as it was several years ago when I sold my alarm company. Although I no longer install for a living I still help friends and neighbors when asked. Without a Florida license any work I do now is for free. You should try installing sometime, Frank. It's fun learning a new skill.

Regards, Robert L Bass"

Robert "flames". All I asked was when he last worked on/installed a Napco 9600...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Without a Florida license any work I do now

Gee Whiz! One little visit from the DBPR must made him sit up and take notice. You notice he said, "any work he does **now** is for free. That tells me he may have been quilty of the State licensing laws after all. How does it feel to be quasi legal Robert?

You should try installing sometime, Frank. It's fun

Does that mean you didn't have any installation skills prior? And all those years of being in the business too, my oh my, LOL's. It is fun having you back for Kicks and Giggles, Robert!

Reply to
Bob Worthy

I'm surprised he still brings it up. He is skirting the intent of the law. I'll bet the "delivery" or "trip" charges are significant on these "freebies" So as long as I don't charge, I can upgrade my neighbours breaker panel?

Reply to
mikey

I don't think he has much excitement in his life, so if that is living on the edge for him, so be it. The State has much bigger **fish** to fry.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

I'll never use that expression again.

Reply to
mikey

Ah come on, it's called kicks and giggles.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

ge

Reply to
Where's my WEBTV?

Sure thing. The problem is you don't know how and will likely burn his place to the ground.

Reply to
robertlbass

If you believe he's an experienced tech you're a bigger fool than I thought you were.

Reply to
robertlbass

Stop by some time, Worthless, and I'll return the favor.

Reply to
robertlbass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.