ASA5550 MRTG

Hi all,

I am having trouble getting the basic interface statistics from an ASA5550.

The error I am receiving is as follows:

Received SNMP response with error code error status: noSuchName index 1 (OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10) SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "" [].161) community: "" request ID: 1679385424 PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes timeout: 2s retries: 5 backoff: 1) at /usr/bin/../lib/mrtg2/SNMP_util.pm line 490

In order to solve the problem I have placed the updated mibs for the Cisco website under /usr/share/snmp/mibs. Within the cfgmaker file I have specified LoadMIBs: /usr/share/snmp/ mibs/SNMPv2-MIB-asa.txt. This also didn't help.The version of mrtg is

2.10.15 on RedHat Enterprise Linux. I have successfully configured switches, routers, and FWSM on this machine. The ASA 5550 is the only device I am having trouble with.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

TIA.

Jack

Reply to
jackwik
Loading thread data ...

The hostname and community are blank, unless you removed them before posting?

Think of MIBs as DNS for OIDs. You don't necessarily need the MIB to read an OID if you know what the numeric OID is.

Try and snmpwalk it with the same credentials you've told MRTG to use, eg

snmpwalk -v 1 -c public 10.209.12.33

You should see tens/hundreds of OIDs flying past. If not, you've got something wrong with the SNMP config somewhere. SNMP is designed so that if you use the wrong community, no explicit deny message is sent from the agent, so if you've got the wrong community, you'll see something like:

$ snmpwalk -v 1 -c public 10.209.12.33 Timeout: No Response from 10.209.12.33

Reply to
alexd

Hi,

The output I receive when doing an snmpwalk is vlaid and with no errors. I receive the above errors when polling the device after successfully generating cfgmaker and indexmaker.

TIA.

Jack

Reply to
jackwik

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.