Ext Cord Alarm

Hi I was wanted to see if anybody knows how this is done. I was working on a Radionics Panel and somebody set up a extension cord to arm wheels. The extension cord plugs in to a regular outlet and on the outlet connecting the normal Neutral and Hot sides of the outlet a EOL resistor was used. Then the ext cord ran into the building into a Junction Box. I didn't want to drag in a ladder to see it. I just wondered how that would hook up in the junction box. directly to a popit? or what? THANKS!

Reply to
T.J.
Loading thread data ...

could be to a popit or a home run back to the panel

what's; "arm wheels"?

I've used this method to secure motorcycles and work trucks...I guess you could also use it for post indicator valves and stuff like that if it was the correct type of circuit.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I don't understand. What is another name for an arm wheel? If you are hooking up 120VAC to the panel, whether it be to the zones on the panel, or the popit, or the octopopit, I think all you are going to get is smoke.

Reply to
Roland More

"Arm Wheel" I meant like Rims for cars

Reply to
T.J.

ah...yah that method will work perfectly for that.

I did a trailer rental yard like that...Uhaul rental kinda place. We used a

100' of heavy duty extension cord so all they had to do was loop the wire through each trailer at night.

| > what's; "arm wheels"? | >

| > I've used this method to secure motorcycles and work trucks...I guess you | > could also use it for post indicator valves and stuff like that if it was | > the correct type of circuit. | >

Reply to
Crash Gordon

nah,, he's talking about a long supervised cord...see my other post. it's not running AC it's just an extension cord.

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.