Every fire ext. in plant condemmed

One of my industrial customers had an insurance inspection this week and was advised to get all fire extingquishers in plant inspected after the under writer found most units were 1 year past there inspection. The local guy I refer to my customers spent 3 hrs in plant and called me down to show me 90% of the exstinghuishers had not been hydrotested in over

12 years there were 50's era exstinghuishers still being used and apparently the previous service the plant was using was doing nothing more than changing tags every year. in all 100% of the exstinghuishers had to be condemmed for rust and being obsolete and illegal to use. All the while this other service was comming in and passing everything Needless to say my customer is going to take legal action against the previous service company
Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.
Loading thread data ...

Those are either HMO or PPO fire extinguishers. The service provider may have denied the request to recharge the extinguishers because of the preexisting conditions. In addition: Recharging and inspecting these same extinguishers year after year is considered a wasteful and unnecessary expense. Furthermore, Recharging any old fire extinguisher manufactured prior to 1991 as stated in NFPA72 Section 5, Paragraph 13, subparagraph 7, line 6 may be deemed as experimental.

Now if we had a national fire extinguisher healthcare plan, all fire & supression extinguishers of any type, regardless of chemical composition, or container type would have been covered under the proposed NFPA72-HR676.

This proposed plan would cover all fire & supression devices, no matter what service provider you currently have. So whether the extinguisher is in a high rise office building, in your car or boat, or at the local barber shop, it will be covered under this plan.

Jim Rojas

Nick Markowitz Jr. wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

How about the fire extinguisher in my pool? Will I be able to get coverage even though it tends to rust from the outside?

Reply to
allucan8

If you are required to have such a device in your pool, NFPA72 would require it to be constructed out of double walled stainless steel or carbon fiber cylinder, which is clearly stated under the special hazardous location exception.

This exception would also include an inspection tag be made out of a material that cannot fade in direct sunlight, or exposure to harsh chemicals. Stainless steel inspection tags are readilly available. They are primarily used in the electric motor industry, and are required by UL Labs.

So under NFPA72-HR676, your device would be covered. Your out of pocket expense or co-pay will depend how long it takes the technician to hand stamp each inspection tag. The industry average is 8 minutes per tag. In the future, this time can be greatly reduced if service providers give each technician a waterproof Dymo handheld stamping machine. This will significantly increase productivity, and greatly help keep costs down.

Jim Rojas

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

What about undocumented foreign fire extinguishers coming in across our open borders, will the be covered as well?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Check out some of the tremendous benefits that NFPA72-HR676 will bring and see what you think:

• Every fire suppression device in the USA will be covered. * All undocumented devices will also be covered, and be brought up to spec at no out of pocket expense. * No more pre-existing conditions to be excluded from coverage. * No more expensive deductibles or co-pays. * All annual inspections will be covered. * Device health and general use care will be fully covered. * Long term and reassignment services will be included. * You will always choose your own service provider and recharging facilities. * Costs of coverage will be assessed on a sliding scale basis. * Tremendously simplified system of inspection administration

Jim Rojas

Crash Gord> What about undocumented foreign fire extinguishers coming in across our open

Reply to
Jim Rojas

RW: That sounds great, Jim. Why don't you throw in some free prostate exams too. I like them so much that I always get a second opinion.

Reply to
allucan8

Under this new plan those of you who enjoy prostate exams would be free to get as many opinions as you like.

Jim Rojas

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Boy oh Boy!

Bass will love that.

He likes to go to his Urologist for a combination prostate exam immediately followed by an oral exam, every month.

He likes the part where his Urologist is giving him his prostate exam while both of the doctors hand are on his shoulders.

Reply to
Jim

this new plan those of you who enjoy prostate exams would be free

Are you trying to say that "Harry Reems" went on to graduate medical school?

RW

Reply to
allucan8

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.