Racal Guardall motion detectors (2023 Update)

Looking for a little info on Racal Guardall motion detectors. I have one from a takeover we did last week, and am wondering how old it is.

It's the "Apollo C" model, batch number 8814, which somewhat resembles this pic (best one I could find at the moment)...

formatting link
Any info would be appreciated, despite the fact that this thing is already half way into a garbage can.

- Chris

Reply to
CH®IS
Loading thread data ...

The Apollo C is probably one of the best motion detectors I've ever worked with. Chubb sold them exclusively to the residential and light commercial markets (which is how I was introduced to the product) in Canada. SSI-2000 (a distributor that eventually "merged" with Burtek/ADI years ago) used to handle them, but they were on the expensive side (and consequently not very popular).

Reply to
Frank Olson

Do you know how to replace battery for the Apollo C ?

Reply to
Tester

interesting link..

formatting link
if the PIR is battery powered, from that era, they usually were 3 volt.. If it was like most, the battery would be in a holder tray behind the PC Board.. On some rare units, they battery might be soldered onto the pcb. In which case you'd need to do a little solder work, Be sure an use head sink clips on the legs when doing you soldering..

**( be sure and make note of the polarity, and replace in same fashion..) It might be more to your advantage to replace the unit completely. RTS
Reply to
RTS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.