DSC DW4975 Vanishing Contact

Has anyone had issues with the DSC (Secure Wireless) EV-DW4975 Vanishing Co ntact?

I haven't used many of them, as I prefer the standard contacts and the abil ity to install with screws, but I have one system (a 1616) with four of the se contacts that has been a pain lately. After being installed for about 4 .5 years (right on time), one of the contacts has a low battery. However, replacing the battery doesn't clear the trouble. Nor does it help to open and close the door to help force a signal through, which is what always wor ks on the standard contacts.

On the other hand... The battery voltage is good, and this is the second ne w battery we've tried. The contact is sending tamper and tamper restoral s ignals as it should. And the zone shows open and closed as it should.

My next thought is to ship them a new contact... unless anyone has any bett er ideas?

- Chris

Reply to
Chris
Loading thread data ...

ility to install with screws, but I have one system (a 1616) with four of t hese contacts that has been a pain lately. After being installed for about 4.5 years (right on time), one of the contacts has a low battery. However , replacing the battery doesn't clear the trouble. Nor does it help to ope n and close the door to help force a signal through, which is what always w orks on the standard contacts.

new battery we've tried. The contact is sending tamper and tamper restoral signals as it should. And the zone shows open and closed as it should.

One of the old tricks I used to use on the old Ademco transmitters was any time a transmitter needed a battery changed .... before installing the new battery I would short out the battery terminals on the transmitter. Seems t here was a capacitor that retained a charge which didn't let the low batter y indicator circuit discharge. Just short the two battery terminals with a screwdriver or something metal for a few seconds then install the new batte ry.

Don't know if it will work but it's worth a try.

Get back and let us know what happened.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.