DSC 4020 with PC4401 DVAC Card

Hello; I have an existing site that has a 4020 installed and is being monitored by DVAC's (PC4401 installed). Another client is moving into the same site as well and would like to have there own security system. The existing client has no problem with sharing the current system with the new client. The decision to add the new client as a partition on to the existing system was chosen. We created a new account for the new client and added it into there respective partition. Unfortunately It appears that the DVAC card can only support one account code from what I could get out of the manual. Any signal I generate on the new partition always comes in on the original account. Has anybody found a way to add two account codes to the 4401 module and get it to match that of the partitions

Reply to
Martin Paterson
Loading thread data ...

I think this is a product used in Canada mostly?

Reply to
Roland Moore

I believe the SIA code from the 4401 has partition identifier so the CS automation software can pick them. Failing that, the CS can route the specific signal from the second partition to a virtual account ID. i.e. Zone

1 to Zone 32 belongs to account ID 98 and they can stay, and Zone 33 to Zone 64 can be routed to account ID 99 within the CS automation software.

Reply to
A.J.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.