disconnect letters

Not true! I have found that the more alcohol one consumes the more prestigious the family tree becomes, up to (and frequently) including members of the Supreme Court.

;-)

Reply to
Roland Moore
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>- Hide quoted text -

Reply to
I brive a dus

I didn't realize you knew Cracker.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

If she had been from West Virginia I'd have believed her. Everyone there is everyone else's cousin, spouse, brother and/or sister.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

That one could backfire on you.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Can I get her autograph?

It is funny when you work > Not true! I have found that the more alcohol one consumes the more

Reply to
Roland Moore

I really hate it when a dead customer digs himself out of the ground and comes in wanting to kick my ass. Not only does he track in all that dirt, it's really hard to get a family member to take him back to the cemetery! In that case we usually pitch him in the dumpster and lock the lid.

Reply to
Roland Moore

I remember one A/R woman I talked to told me she would would call clients up at 270 days (if they got to that point ) and tell them " Hi, it's Gloria from ABC Alarms and I just wanted to remind you that you should send your mother flowers today"

the deadbeat invariably says "Huh, why?"

"she carried you for nine months just like we have" she said it worked about 50% of the time (they paid the bill, the floweres she didn't know about)

I remember we had a customer who called up and told us he was moving and wanted us to take the system out so we could reinstall it at his new place. When I looked at his account we had installed it nearly a year ago and he still hadn't apid a cent on it. I turned up and dutifully pulled all the parts down and boxed them up and then put the box in my trunk. I pack up my tools and said bye and he asks where "his" stuff is.

"we'll be holding it for you until you need it" (He figured out right away what was going on)

Crash Gord> Yea...but unfortunately I only keep copies of the certificates I issue, and

Reply to
Eyeball Kid

So did he pay?

Reply to
Matt Ion

To get rid of a rotten customer I believe you need to overlook the personal animus you may have kindled with the customer and simply take the high road. That's what I do. My technique is simple. In every area I believe there is always at least one alarm company that may have distinguished itself as reaching the absolute bottom in the reputation it has with other dealers and parts vendors. Those guys will take any customer they are offered since they can't get any on the own anymore based on their reputation. I arrange a marriage between the two (that is the dead beat or problem customer and Last Choice Alarm Company) and accept a dowry. I always feel much better about it afterwards, especially when you get calls from the customer begging you to take him back (like an ex wife maybe - not a chance in hell). I remind the old customer that we would love to have him back but he is under contract with a new company and to call us (in 5 years or so) when he is free to make that choice. It's a wonderful feeling! It is kind giving anthrax to leprosy.

Reply to
Roland

Bahahahaah!

Reply to
Matt Ion

When a client asks me to send them a "certificate" for them to give to their insurance agent, I tell them that I have to send it directly to the agent myself. A few times through the years, the mention of notifiying their insurance compmany of cancellation, has "motivated" some slow/non payers, to fulfill their obligations. Not always .... but a few.

Reply to
Jim

Yah..I never give it to the client..always fax or em to the ins. co.

| When a client asks me to send them a "certificate" for them to give to | their insurance agent, I tell them that I have to send it directly to | the agent myself. A few times through the years, the mention of | notifiying their insurance compmany of cancellation, has "motivated" | some slow/non payers, to fulfill their obligations. Not always .... | but a few. |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
alarman

You are evil, Roland.

I like that. js

Reply to
alarman

Some have said I give vermin a bad name.

Reply to
Roland

I used this one (slightly modified to inform them the system was also disabled) today...we'll see if I get any action. I also added that it may effect her homeowners insurance premiums since we had sent a certificate for discount to her company, she'll probably lose that too.

Oh yeah and a 75.00 reconnect fee to reconnect plus the 4 months that she's in arrears.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.