Definition of Subscriber?

I think "Subscriber" would imply trying to contact the person responsible for the alarm system. On a commercial account that would mean calling down the call-list until someone is reached. On a residential it would mean just calling the premises and any other wireless numbers the owner may have, but not the others on the call list.

Depending on the time-of-day, they may want the premises tried or not, if the account gets setup properly then the system knows what to do at what times and prompts the Operators appropriately.

It really comes down to "what did you TELL them to do in that scenario" since all monitoring centers tend to do things differently based on their flow of signals and how automated things are. If somethings becomes too cumbersome for their operators, they either automate it (sometimes too much), or stop doing it (like calling down call lists because it is time consuming). Not that they Won't do it, they just stop doing it as SOP and instead only when requested specifically to do so.

Review the default actions the monitoring center will take under each circumstance and make sure it is taylored to the way you want it done for all accounts in general, then taylor the individual accounts as necessary from there. A good Monitoring Center can handle every signal any way you want, as long as it is communicated to them properly and in advance.

Reply to
Joe Lucia
Loading thread data ...

We would cycle through the call list as per how the account was set up by the subscriber/owner whatever you want to call them. This "may" mean calling the premises again if a fresh signal comes in later...just depends on what's happening.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

If they went through the call list it still shouldn't have taken 7 hours, if Im reading this right.

| > Depending on the time-of-day, they may want the premises tried or not, | > if the account gets setup properly then the system knows what to do at | > what times and prompts the Operators appropriately. | >

| > It really comes down to "what did you TELL them to do in that scenario" | > since all monitoring centers tend to do things differently based on | > their flow of signals and how automated things are. If somethings | > becomes too cumbersome for their operators, they either automate it | > (sometimes too much), or stop doing it (like calling down call lists | > because it is time consuming). Not that they Won't do it, they just | > stop doing it as SOP and instead only when requested specifically to do | > so. | >

| > Review the default actions the monitoring center will take under each | > circumstance and make sure it is taylored to the way you want it done | > for all accounts in general, then taylor the individual accounts as | > necessary from there. A good Monitoring Center can handle every signal | > any way you want, as long as it is communicated to them properly and in | > advance. | | We said to contact the Subcriber. Instructions were on from an a former | center where it meant to try the site, then the call list. The new center | says they only call the site when it says to contact sub (although their | manual defines subscriber as the owner or authorized user). We had a freezer | signal come in, they said they only contacted the premise since the account | had special instructions to contact the sub and account instructions | supercede our dealer instructions that stated to contact someone. | Ironically, the operator pended the event and contacted home numbers seven | hours later, after employees had left for work. I'm being told it was | handled appropriately because the special account instructions said to | contact the sub and to them that means the site only (even on empty | commercial buildings). I thought it was poor and wondered how other | companies would interpret it. | | Thanks. | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

HI, If you had a commercial account with the instructions stating to notify subscriber on a particular signal, would you go to the call list if the call came in after hours or stop at calling the site (two monitoring centers handling it differently). Since they define subscriber as owner or authorized user(s), I'd think going to the call list would be appropriate. What do you think?

Thanks.

Reply to
JW

We said to contact the Subcriber. Instructions were on from an a former center where it meant to try the site, then the call list. The new center says they only call the site when it says to contact sub (although their manual defines subscriber as the owner or authorized user). We had a freezer signal come in, they said they only contacted the premise since the account had special instructions to contact the sub and account instructions supercede our dealer instructions that stated to contact someone. Ironically, the operator pended the event and contacted home numbers seven hours later, after employees had left for work. I'm being told it was handled appropriately because the special account instructions said to contact the sub and to them that means the site only (even on empty commercial buildings). I thought it was poor and wondered how other companies would interpret it.

Thanks.

Reply to
JW

Here, you have to contact the contacts list first, then if you get no answer you then contact the police. The police really dont want to know about it unless it is a serious issue here. As it is, you are lucky to have the cops turn up.

So any time of the day or night, contacts first, police second. The contacts can normally vouch for false alarms or whether to call the cops or not.

They also call the location if it is during hours, if it is say a panic button, to confirm, as that is the biggest cause of false alarms down here with businesses.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

The call came in around 1am. They called the site and then put the account on hold until after 8am. Then they tried the home numbers. Now I'm trying to be convinced that the account instructions meant - only call the site (yey the operator must have theought iyt meant contact the others because she tried (much later). So what does "contact the subscriber" mean to you?

Reply to
JW

Interesting. We don't call them "subscribers". They're "accounts", and the operators follow the instructions on the alarm screen that appears in front of them when a signal is received. On a commercial burg that means contacting the people on the list (starting with #1) only *after* the police have been dispatched.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Yah, I agree. I think they dropped the ball, 7 hours can be costly on a freezer alarm - the dispatch instructions should clearly be re-written to contact someone at anytime and not to pend it.

| >

| > The call came in around 1am. They called the site and then put the account | > on hold until after 8am. Then they tried the home numbers. Now I'm trying | to | > be convinced that the account instructions meant - only call the site (yey | > the operator must have theought iyt meant contact the others because she | > tried (much later). So what does "contact the subscriber" mean to you? | >

| >

| Sounds to me like the operator did not respond per instructions, | and when the supervisor came in around 8 o'clock he/she caught | it and tried to correct it. IMO | | Norm | | | | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Almost as dumb as calling *residential* alarms on AC Fail to tell them their power is out. You nummies we know its out we're sitting in the dark talking to you!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Sounds to me like the operator did not respond per instructions, and when the supervisor came in around 8 o'clock he/she caught it and tried to correct it. IMO

Norm

Reply to
Norm Mugford

First I delay AC fail for one hour. Then I call on low battery if the fail lasts that long.

I had gotten so many complaints abt calling on AC fail that I stopped doing it...residential only...and exceptions being if there's a life support device in use or wine cellar or freezer alarm or something like that.

| >

| >

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

We get TONS of power fails here during monsoon season...calling on them all is nuts.

I know a local company that will dispatch on AC fail - they had a problem once and can't seem to get over it.

| > I had gotten so many complaints abt calling on AC fail that I stopped | > doing | > it...residential only...and exceptions being if there's a life support | > device in use or wine cellar or freezer alarm or something like that. | >

| >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

We call on AC Fail... How do you know the power is out in the whole house, maybe some accidentally unplugged the panel's transformer............. Regards, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

We call on AC Fail... How do you know the power is out in the whole house, maybe someone accidentally unplugged the panel's transformer............. Regards, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

Special instructions are a curse. If there is any way in hell an operator can misinterpret them, an operator will do so, and at the very worst possible moment. I'd look at the exact wording if I were you, and see if that had anything to do with it.

What you are supposed to do is probably spelled out in your contract someplace. To me, "notify subscriber" means "notify the subscriber!" You keep a list of names at the central station so you know who to notify. First, you call the premises and try to notify someone on that list, unless of course you know the place is closed. If you don't succeed in notifying them at the premises, you notify them by calling the phone numbers they provided. After all, that's why they gave you their phone numbers, right?

Notify means notify. Don't make this more complicated than necessary. Your CS is trying to feed you bullshit.

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

thats what they have to do though, the cops wont go if they dont call to confirm first. I know its stupid but hey ... thats why they have a passcode and also if they dont anwer the phone then they call the cops anyway ..

Reply to
cctvbahamas

"Hi, this is ABC Security. Are you being robbed?"

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

I use it because I DO want to know about them, as there could be a problem but certainly not dispatch. On commercial we do call an RP.

| > I know a local company that will dispatch on AC fail - they had a problem | > once and can't seem to get over it. | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Same here. I see all the account activity first thing in the AM. If I don't see a restore, I'll call the customer. 99% of the time the restore comes in within an hour or 2. js

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.