Stand alone camera

I need some ideas for a mobile camera system. The camera will need to be able to send live feeds back to a network. The camera will also need to be mobile and self contained. I seen some systems like this that were mounted to trailers at the ISC show. I dont remember who made these or if I could get a live network feed from them. Is anyone here using these types of systems or any other similar to it?

James

Reply to
J Barnes
Loading thread data ...

You bring up many questions. Cameras are simple 12 volt to 110 volts. There are self contained network cameras with the range of most pocket. Connecting to the network can be a problem.

1. Hard wired cat 5, not to mobile.
  2. Wireless to the network card low cost short distanced 200 Ft
  3. Wireless to a receiver expensive and more distance 1,000 Ft
  4. Radio to radio super expensive 2-10 miles.

Reply to
Rich

I would need a range of 5 to 20 miles and the feed would need to support about 10ips. I understand we are talking about thousands of dollars but I still need a solution. I could use 12 volt cameras but I would need either an onsite DVR or a NVR to feed the video to a remote server.

James

Reply to
J Barnes

We use

formatting link

Reply to
Rich

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.