bush and alabama?

Who does bush care for? THE RICH AND COMATOSE!

Not you Not Me if you are middle class if you are black if you are brown if you are yellow if you are gay!

Should that man be leading our country?

formatting link

Reply to
JohnJohn
Loading thread data ...

What, you mean he should be ignoring the white middle-class majority - the people who elected him?

Reply to
Paul Hyett

Pure democracy. Two wolves and a sheep deciding what to have for dinner.

Dave J.

Reply to
Dave J.

why was this posted to alt. security . alarms??

PS, try living in the 3rd world then whatever you are trying to get across might have some value .

PSS. I wish bush ran our 3rd world country ...

Reply to
cctvbahamas

There's some truth in that, but the point is - pouring money into social programs for minorities is like pouring it into a black hole.

However much you throw at them, they always want more, and you see little if any return.

Reply to
Paul Hyett

Presumably in an intelligent setup you don't pour the money directly, you invest it in fixing the divisions, IOW in making the minority more a part of the majority. What's left over then gets 'poured' into any schemes that are genuinely in demand and genuinely unobtainable due to an aspect of that section of society. From my POV the primary key is to fix the divisions.

I loath Ghettos, and in this country I loath supposed 'race relations' schemes that promote them. Heh - "your neighbours should become your family, not your family should become your neighbours". [1] Trouble is that thanks to our divisively selfish culture the first part is a major stumbling block, I maintain that it shouldn't be 'cured' by choosing for the second option.

[1] Howazat for a slogan? - quotes added after the fact

Who was it who said (and I really love this quote) something like "to try to make a poor person rich by giving them money is to try to fix a hole in a bucket by pouring in more water" ?

Obviously only true once their income exceeds survival level, but it includes almost everyone in the western world thanks to the redistribution that goes with taxation.

Dave J.

Reply to
Dave J.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.