Bass Fishing?

I wonder if a little red meat works? Let's see! Okay Robert it's only Tuesday and you have the whole rest of the week to look forward to the process of another Republican destroying himself. (see below) Matt Foreman, executive director of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, an advocacy group, on Monday called Craig a hypocrite. "What's up with elected officials like Senator Craig? They stand for so-called family values and fight basic protections for gay people while furtively seeking other men for sex," Foreman said. Idaho Sen. Larry Craig finds his political future in doubt after pleading guilty to misdemeanor charges stemming from complaints of lewd conduct in a men's room. Allegations that he has engaged in gay sex have never been substantiated. [I bet that's all about to change. I thought when you plead guilty that pretty much substantiates it. Wait, maybe he was in prayer. You know, down on his knees saying Awe! Men!] A spokesman for the Democratic Senate Campaign Committee, Hannah August, said Craig's guilty plea "has given Americans another reason not to vote Republican" next year. [I wonder if Hannah said anything when Monica's blue dress somehow got that stain on it? Maybe not, she might have had one too; a blue dress that is.]

Reply to
Just Looking
Loading thread data ...

in case you haven't noticed it's ok to be gay now a days. also no crime in being a hypocrite or being gay.

Reply to
Mike

So it's OK for a US senator to commit sex crimes as long as he happens to be a Republican?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

From the police report quoted on the radio today its pretty sketchy at best. But hey, evidence or lack thereof never bothered this group, or heck, anybody with political hay to mow.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

How is it that Democrats typically are supported by the gay community ( and vice versa) yet gay organizations and Democrat politicians are condeming this Republican for "deviant behavior". ?

Wouldn't that infer that the Democratic party is supported by deviants?

And then, aren't gay organiztions calling their own behavior deviant?

(Sounds like something Andy Roony would say. )

Reply to
Jim

again you really have no clue do you? when a repub gets in trouble the book gets thrown at them. As for dumocrats, congressman Jerry Studds a dumocRAT was reelected several times after being caught actually having sex with a conressional paige. not talking about it or tapping his foot in the bathroom but real homosexual sex. reelected. DumocRAT Barney Frank ran a h*mo prostitution ring out of his house and is still in congress.

Reply to
Mike

Sounds like that is the Senator's position. I mean once he gets off his knees. However you're missing the real point. Not even Nixon could come up with a spin where pleading guilty means you're innocent.

Reply to
Roland More

The benefit of the doubt and sketchy evidence doesn't matter. No one is leaping to conclusions. He did plead GUILTY. If he didn't do anything he should have said NOT guilty. Judges typically explain these things very carefully. He is a Senator familiar with the law and legal matters. His efforts to make it disappear by pleading guilty simply backfired once the press got a hold of it.

Reply to
Roland More

Reply to
Roland More

Yeah, right. The Republican senator reached under the stall and touched the undercover cop several times.

That's for sure.

By the way, the Republican senator confessed. He entered a guilty plea. That required an elocution where he had to state that the charges were true and accurate. Sounds like he mowed his own hay.

Feel free to continue supporting this sex-crazed Republican senator. He'll make his seat an easy target this fall. FTR, I don't give a rat's olson if he's gay. I'd find it equally funny if he'd been busted in the women's bathroom. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

deviants?

Reply to
Just Looking

Please explain. Is it or is it not OK with you if a Republican senator makes sexual advances in a public restroom? Which is it? Or is it only OK as long as he isn't trying to entice underaged pages like another Republican?

Actually, he got off easy. He could have been charged as a sex offender. That would have caused all kinds of additional grief as he'd have to stay away from all those teenage pages working in the Senate office building.

Oh, yes. Studds was censured over 20 years ago along with Republican Republican Daniel Crane for sex with pages. Neither one was arrested. That was unfortunate. I thought both should have been prosecuted.

Let's not misconstrue what happened in this latest Republican gay sex scandal. He wasn't keeping time to the music by tapping his foot on the floor. He was nudging (physically touching) the guy in the next stall. He also reached under the separator and waved to the guy -- according to news reports a known gay signal offering sex. Can you confirm if that is what such a signal means, please?

Sex, hetero or homosexual, is not illegal. I'll leave to others the judgment as to whether either is immoral. Unwanted approaaches in public restrooms are illegal in most places. Sex with underaged children is illegal and IMO all senators should be arrested for doing so. :^)

How much were you paid?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I thought that was taken care of when the nation tried to determine what the "definition of is ....is"

Reply to
Jim

Either behavior can't be limited to either party.

People have preferences on how the government should be run. Unfortunately the kind of people who strive to be representative of the people, are generally wealthy and privliged and driven from the viewpoint of power and in order to gain that power they must trade "favors" to attain it. This leaves them subject to the whims of special interest groups, rather than "the people" who actually vote for them and that they are supposed to represent. Once in power, they become entrenched in the mind set that they can do anything and get away with it. Only a few are actually caught. The rest are getting away with it.

The "will of the people" has very little to do with anything that goes on in Washington. It's mostly about what they can make it "appear" to be the will of the people. Everything else is smoke and mirrors.

Reply to
Jim

what the "def> > > So it's OK for a US senator to commit sex crimes as long as he happens to

Reply to
Just Looking

you were there too?

you'd make a great jailhouse lawyer

Reply to
Mike

Heh, heh, heh... :^)

This jerk tried. He now says that when he pleaded guilty it was "a mistake." What? He didn't realize what a guilty plea means? Bear in mind this isn't some moron like Mike or Olson. This isn't just a lawyer. This is a lawyer who actually writes the laws. Now he wants us to believe that he "made a mistake" pleading guilty to a sex crime related charge?

The truly funny thing is how the Far Right embraces him, saying, "Well, yeah. Anybody could-a accidentally said 'guilty' in a case like that." Some of these idiots are actually trying to argue that when a Republican Senator starts reaching under a public bathroom stall and touching a plain clothes police officer he really wasn't looking for a sex partner. I guess that explains how George W Bush got a second term in office. There were enough incredibly stupid people in his party to support him.

Thank God even the far right are beginning to realize what an idiot Bush is and how evil his partners in crime are.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Because it is deviant behavior. It ain't just Democrats, John Mc Cain seems to agree that it is "disgraceful" and is calling for his resignation.

No.

No. There is a HUGE difference between being gay and soliciting sex with a stranger in an airport shithouse.

Don't flatter yourself.

Reply to
Nimrod el Poontang

remember, you gave me $100 to suck my dick. good job too.

Reply to
Mike

I didn't say it wasn't deviant behavior. And I think he should resign.

What I don't see, is how, on one hand the liberals can claim that it's alright to be gay yet claim it's deviant behavior. Or is it .... that it's alright to be gay you just can't solicit sex? Yet, gay bars and bath houses and whatever other places like San Fransiko exist for the sole purpose of condoning what is the the vast majority of gay relationships ....solictation of gay sex. And isn't it a fact that generally, gay groups and organizations support the liberal and usually far left Democratic party?

That being so ..... it follows that, if the majority of gays support the left and far left liberal Democrats, and they are referred to as deviants ...... even by themselves, then the Democrats are supported by deviants.

No? Well ..... ok .... if you say so.

Well, it seems that whenever something comes up in the news about some politician or well known person geting caught doing something "gay" it's referred to as deviant behavior. And with the recent fervor by the gay movement in this country, they are persuing every opportunity and event to bring their "cause" into public view. Obviously using the fact that .... any news about homosexuality ..... good or bad ..... is good news. Even to the point of ridiculing and condeming someone who is gay.

That's a matter of opinion .....obviously.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.