Brink's Window Sensor

I just put in a window ac unit for my sister. I don't see very well. It looks like the movable sensor is attached to the window with two small nails.

Because I don't see very well, I did not want to try to pry it off before I found out how it was attached.

Do they glue the sensors or is it nails or something else?

Help an old blind man. :)

Thanks

Reply to
Terry
Loading thread data ...

It's probably screws or double-faced tape. Nails are rarely used to mount window contacts.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

unt window contacts.

formatting link

Reply to
Jim

i use those with the tape AND the nails on wooden windows...the nails because the tape has such a small footprint that they may rock off after a few years. the nails are so small you can just push them in with yer finger but they help alot.

formatting link

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I use them on some of the new double hung windows. They fit neatly into the "grove" at the bottom of the window. I've got a great way to hide the mags too.

If you're or anyone is interested, e-mail me. This is the one that Bass stole from me, but I wont tell him the rest of the info. He's tried to guess a few times and can't even come close to figuring out what I do.

Reply to
Jim

Saw some interesting Nascom switches at the show...designed for hung windows.

| >

| >

| >

| >

| > > > I just put in a window ac unit for my sister. I don't see very well. | > > > It looks like the movable sensor is attached to the window with two | > > > small nails. | >

| > > > Because I don't see very well, I did not want to try to pry it off | > > > before I found out how it was attached. | >

| > > > Do they glue the sensors or is it nails or something else? | >

| > > It's probably screws or double-faced tape. Nails are rarely used to mount | > > window contacts. | >

| > > -- | >

| > > Regards, | > > Robert L Bass | >

| >

formatting link
Hide quoted text - | >

| > - Show quoted text - | | I use them on some of the new double hung windows. They fit neatly | into the "grove" at the bottom of the window. I've got a great way to | hide the mags too. | | If you're or anyone is interested, e-mail me. This is the one that | Bass stole from me, but I wont tell him the rest of the info. He's | tried to guess a few times and can't even come close to figuring out | what I do. |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Are the nascom switches in distribution or only from manufacturer? I have looked at them on the web and like what i see but can't find a distributor.

Reply to
Tommy

They sell only direct as far as I know. I've been using them for years. Call them set up an account, they'll probably send you some free samples. The owner is a good guy, they've even made up special configuration switches for me in the past. Warning though; they will call you regularly which gets annoying if you are up on a 12' ladder and they want to yap about a new switch :-))))

| >

| > | > wrote: | > | >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | > > > I just put in a window ac unit for my sister. I don't see very | > well. | > | > > > It looks like the movable sensor is attached to the window with | > two | > | > > > small nails. | > | >

| > | > > > Because I don't see very well, I did not want to try to pry it off | > | > > > before I found out how it was attached. | > | >

| > | > > > Do they glue the sensors or is it nails or something else? | > | >

| > | > > It's probably screws or double-faced tape. Nails are rarely used to | > mount | > | > > window contacts. | > | >

| > | > > -- | > | >

| > | > > Regards, | > | > > Robert L Bass | > | >

| > | >

formatting link
Hide quoted text - | > | >

| > | > - Show quoted text - | > | | > | I use them on some of the new double hung windows. They fit neatly | > | into the "grove" at the bottom of the window. I've got a great way to | > | hide the mags too. | > | | > | If you're or anyone is interested, e-mail me. This is the one that | > | Bass stole from me, but I wont tell him the rest of the info. He's | > | tried to guess a few times and can't even come close to figuring out | > | what I do. | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Why not ask Bass to carry the line and buy it from him?

Reply to
Roland

Terry,

Brinks mostly uses #6 or #8 Robertson head screws.

They are the kind that have a square receptacle.

Reply to
Milhouse Van Houten

.WHY?

I can do the same deal as Bass. I don't need to pay him a markup.

If he wants to carry them Fine. Let the masses buy them from him. I will stick with my Distributors. (or Direct)

Reply to
Tommy

Tongue in cheek my friend.

Reply to
Roland Moore

I don't really market to dealers. Like you, I sell to the public. However, small dealers often order from us because on some items my prices are better than what they can get at the same distributors. A while back one of the then regulars complained online that my retail prices were lower than what he was paying wholesale. The guy actually said that I needed to "get with the program" and raise my prices, presumably so that he could compete better. I didn't. I'm still here. He's not. Oh, well.

The strange thing is that some installers worry that online dealers are cutting into their market. That is of course not so since online sales and DIY in general probably represent less than 5% of the market. It's a niche. Companies like mine serve customers who don't want to sign up for monitoring or who for one reason or another don't want to hire someone to install their alarm for them. Those are clients who will not hire a local dealer regardless from whose DIY store they buy. They're not part of the installing dealer's potential market.

One poster estimated that DIY represents perhaps 2% of the alarm industry. ISTR in 2004 the industry did ~$25 billion. Two percent would be $500 million. That's enough for me... :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Oh so that's what that was. I thought you had a big zit or something.

Reply to
Tommy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.