Bosch Popits on 8112 and Battery

Hey I have 2 questions. It has been so long since I have even seen a Bosch 8112 can somebody telling me again what to set the dip switches to for 8112? I can't remember. Now on checking panel batteries I have always just unhooked them and never had any trouble now another guy I work with says that you are suppose to disconnect the transformer before you unhook the battery for testing. Has anybody heard this before?

Reply to
T.J.
Loading thread data ...

Every popit has different switch settings. You need to know which point number and whether it's vertical or horizontal mode. You need the chart; see the 8125 manual.

As to your second question, what do you think is going to happen if you disconnect both the transformer and the battery? What's that test going to tell you?

The reason for disconnecting the AC is to put some kind of load on the battery and see if it dies. Running the system on battery power is one way to do this, but using a resistor or a battery tester is a better approach.

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Bosch didn't make an D8112. It was still called Radionics when the D8112 was made. There are many variations of the model. E, E1 G, G1, G2 and more. Popits can be programmed vertically or horizontally.

formatting link
I am not sure what testing you are trying to perform on the battery.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Thanks everyone for the replies. Let me explain better what I meant. on the battery question. my battery tester requires you to disconnect the battery from the panel. The guy told me that I have to disconnect the transformer before I disconnect the battery or I may short out the panel. I have checked many many batteries and never had anything short out from me not disconnecting the transformer.

Reply to
T.J.

If you leave the battery connected to the panel and it's bad or shorted cell, and you disconnect transformer and then connect it again you may blow the transformer. I always disconnect battery first, then transformer.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.