What's With XXX-XX Anyway

Xxx-Xx used to be an ok distributor a decade ago. I dealt with a branch in Ca for a while but they quit taking care of me and following through. Then they opened the branch in Phx and it was a little better until the branch manager then started screwing up my orders personally. Don't know how many credit aps I faxed him and he lost before I came on here and named him. He ain't there no more. His replacement was better for a while, but my last several orders have been all screwed up and promised follow through never happens from a polite call. I have to call and get rude and threatening. I just don't need that. They don't sell any major product lines that I routienyl sell and can't get elsewhere.

So do they have any good branches or good sales reps? I don't have a problem calling some other branch if I need somethign they have, but I see no need to increase the sales numbers of a branch that has so consistantly screwed up my orders.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Bob ..... this is what I'd do.

Call Steve Roth's office @

100 crossways Park Drive West Suite 207 Woodbury, New York 11797 1 516 941 2800

Tell them you want to speak to Steve Roth. You probably won't get to speak with him but you'll get to either leave a message with his office assistant who'll have someone call you back or will be switched to someone who has the ability to see to it that your problems are solved. Really lay it on them. Don't try to save someones ass at your local office. If they're not doing the proper job, there's no reason why you should do anything that aids in their longevity. That only perpetuates your problem. You may not be liked at your local distrubutor, but you'll get better service, because they'll know you're not an easy mark. These guys are out to be ADI's competition. They'll do whatever it takes to keep a good customer.

I'm guessing at the reason for your problem, but it seems, in my experience, that there's not as much of a competitive drive out there as there is in the east. Here, you'd damn well better be doing what it takes to keep a customer or in a heart beat, they're somebody elses customer. Noooo second chance. I think you'll get satisfaction by talking to someone here.

If you don't ...... well ..... at least you'll know that you don't want to do business with them ..... for good.

Reply to
Jim

On the other hand, if someone at the top in that branch is THAT incompetent, the people under him are quite possibly as frustrated as you are, and will be grateful for anything that gets him out of there. I know I and many others at my last workplace would have been overjoyed if a customer had managed to get our immediate manager fired - it would have made our lives a lot easier, and I'd quite possibly still be there.

Reply to
Matt Ion

I agree with Jim on this one. You and I are their customers, and they should be treating us with the same care and respect we treat our customers. Personally, I dont accept ANY bullshit from suppliers and they know that. There are three that I deal with and I can pretty much buy everything from any of them, with the exception of lines of panels. On the other side, I make it a point to always keep my account up to date without being reminded, and they know I pay bills right away.

I may just be lucky that all the personnel at all three branches are good, but I'd leave them in a heartbeat if they screw up. Honest mistakes are one thing, but an uncaring attitude and / or incompetence is quite another. I don't feel that any of us should settle for anything less..

R.H.Campbell Home Security Metal Products

formatting link
(Seagrove Gardens, Florida until the bloody snow goes away......)

Reply to
tourman

I always settle for uncar>> >>

Reply to
Roland Moore

Here is the letter I sent to my local branch manager a few months back: To date I haven't heard a word from Tri-Ed, just a phone call from the branch.

Debbie Richardson Tri-Ed

7876 Convoy Court

San Diego, California 92111

Dear Debbie:

I didn't believe that anything could drive me back to ADI, but I was wrong. After yet another frustrating experience at the Tri-Ed counter this morning, I had to go over there. And I was surprised to find that they had swallowed a customer service pill or something, because they seemed to have made some changes in the way they treat customers.

I stopped in to Tri-Ed to buy some Yuassa (Genesis) NP7-12 batteries and a DSC LCD5500Z keypad. The young man at the counter (not Tim) rung up the keypad, and the batteries. I noticed that the batteries were now $XX.00 ea., and the keypad over $XX.00. I did not question the keypad price, I know your prices are higher, that is why I buy most of my materials from Alarmax now. I asked about the batteries since I remember paying under $X.00 a while back. The last time I bought a box, in October I think, the price had gone over $XX.00, but I was in a hurry and didn't say anything. Now they are $XX.00. The sales guy said that was as low as he could go, and that I would "hafta talk to Debbie" if I didn't like the price. At first though, he said that is what I paid last time (without even looking at the computer, as if he had the information in his miniature cranial database). I said no, I paid about $XX last month, and less than $X.00 before that. Again, without looking it up, he declared "Well, you musta bought DSC batteries then." I told him that I stopped buying DSC batteries long ago because I discovered that they are inferior batteries. That is when he finally looked back on the computer and saw the $X something pricing.

Oh.

1. I do not like being told that I am wrong by an employee of a place where I do business, particularly when I am right, and the employee hasn't the slightest idea what he is talking about.

1. He was incorrect when he said I'd "hafta talk to Debbie" about my pricing. I don't "hafta" do anything. There are at least three other supply houses in San Diego, and I already have accounts established at two of those. There is another one in Riverside, where I currently do business because they seem to be capable of keeping my pricing straight, and the prices are lower to boot.

This has been an ongoing problem at Tri-Ed, and aside from high prices, the inconsistent pricing of items I buy there is the other reason I have gone elsewhere. We have talked about this before; you have told me that you were having computer problems when your system changed over, but that now my pricing was "in the computer", and that my prices would come up no matter which counter bonehead happened to be at the helm. And speaking of that, that brings us to reason number three: Why is it that I have no confidence in anyone employed at your counter? Could it be that they don't follow through when I order something? Is it that they are too busy jack-jawing with each other or eating their lunches while they are taking calls or "working" the counter to pay attention to their work?

Talk is cheap. I do not need any more lip service. You have watched my monthly sales at Tri-Ed decline, and I have tried to tell you about the problems I have with your operation face to face. Now, it's time to put it in writing. I don't even know why I bother, since I hardly ever come in there anymore anyway. Just thought you might like to know.

Sincerely,

Jack Stevens

cc: Tri-Ed home office via e-mail and USPS

Reply to
alarman

Do you mind if I ask ....to who's attention you sent it to?

I ALWAYS send it to the top exec. It's better if if filters down from the top. That way, if the results aren't what you want, you can send him (hopefully a documented series of events to ) follow up, to show the exec exactly what his people aren't doing. And this time you ask for a direct response from him....

Failing that, a couple of times, through the years ( in personal matters, not trade related) I've sent another letter, that indicates that I will be forwarding a copy of all of the correspondence, showing how incompetent they were, to the sales reps of their competitors .... giving them permission to use it should they need proof to show how bad a company they were. ( Not that I would or not that I don't know the possible consequences ... if I did) Simply the thought of them thinking that I was doing it, was satisfiying enough.

If you didn't send your letter to the attention of Steve Roth, I'd suggest that you send it again .... if you're really interested in doing business with them. In fact, I'd follow it up with a telephone call. If you persue this, and you get to talk with someone, when they finally reach the point and ask what they can do to make it up to you, you say ....... "I'd like to get across the board lower prices from you. That'd make up for a whole lot of bad feelings I have about you now and show that you really ARE interested in doing business with me."

Betcha ya get it too.

Reply to
Jim

Not a bad idea, I'll try that js

Do you mind if I ask ....to who's attention you sent it to?

I ALWAYS send it to the top exec. It's better if if filters down from the top. That way, if the results aren't what you want, you can send him (hopefully a documented series of events to ) follow up, to show the exec exactly what his people aren't doing. And this time you ask for a direct response from him....

Failing that, a couple of times, through the years ( in personal matters, not trade related) I've sent another letter, that indicates that I will be forwarding a copy of all of the correspondence, showing how incompetent they were, to the sales reps of their competitors .... giving them permission to use it should they need proof to show how bad a company they were. ( Not that I would or not that I don't know the possible consequences ... if I did) Simply the thought of them thinking that I was doing it, was satisfiying enough.

If you didn't send your letter to the attention of Steve Roth, I'd suggest that you send it again .... if you're really interested in doing business with them. In fact, I'd follow it up with a telephone call. If you persue this, and you get to talk with someone, when they finally reach the point and ask what they can do to make it up to you, you say ....... "I'd like to get across the board lower prices from you. That'd make up for a whole lot of bad feelings I have about you now and show that you really ARE interested in doing business with me."

Betcha ya get it too.

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.