BNC compression fittings and Tools

Where the best place to bulk order BNC compression fittings and tools for telecom (rj-45 stuff too)?

Reply to
West Alarm
Loading thread data ...

ADI

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Anybody wanna touch this please? Bob L. , you seem to be a shrewd shopper.

Where the best place to bulk order BNC compression fittings and tools for telecom (rj-45 stuff too)?

Reply to
West Alarm

Last batch of compression BNCs I actually got from ADI. They had an off brand that works great.

The RJ-45 stuff you just shop around.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Hey, have you used those rj45 plugs where the conductors go all the way through the plug (you snip 'em off later)...sweet...so much faster and you can pull them up real snug on the insertion side that way too.

| | Last batch of compression BNCs I actually got from ADI. They had an off | brand that works great. | | The RJ-45 stuff you just shop around. | | | | >

| >

| > Where the best place to bulk order BNC compression fittings and tools | > for telecom (rj-45 stuff too)? | >

| | | | -- | Posted via a free Usenet account from

formatting link
|

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I have not. I do everythig at or near BICSI standards on my cat 5(e) wiring. I use strain relief cat 5e patch cables and patch panels for all instalaltions. If a cable plugger bids the job I let them have it.

Years ago I did some card to switch cable plugging, but its a pain to deal with changes and expansions and no matter how neat you are after a few years it becomes a real mess. Especially if different people work on it over the years.

The amount of equipment going on the racks in this day and age you have to do things neater. Cables dangled down the front and plugged directly into the switches are more trouble than they saved for the next guy on the job.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

You should look into it if you decide to terminate your own ends.. It's called and EZ-RJ45 (or something like that) The wires come all the way through the 45 connector and the tool snips them off while crimping, nice. It's much easier than lining up the conductors when they are pre cut and getting them in the slots together.

Thanks for the BNC supplier advice, I'm trying to buy them for less than $1 a piece though. I was trying to find a vendor that might have them for a 50c-75c price.

Reply to
West Alarm

Talk to Vern Alderman at SGI. He is the wesern regional manager for SGI now, but he used to be the branch manager at ADI. If he can't supply them to you he can probably tell you what brand they were. I bought them from him at ADI for less than a buck a piece when has was the branch manager. Don't waste his time though if you aren't buying a couple hundred at a time. The mark up on those is huge.

Vern can be found at either the Phx or the Nevada Branch of SGI most days.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.