Alarm systems, what do you have?

Well that's the point: one shouldn't have to do up worksheets first, especially if all one needs to change is one or two options. If I enter a bitmapped location that affects options A, B, C and D, and all I want to do is change the behaviour of option C, I still have to make sure I have the rest of the entry correct for the other locations, lest I break something else. That's just silly. I should be able to enter installer mode, select the location for the *one* option I want to change, enter said change, and be done.

I came from a (limited) programming background as well. 6502/6510 assembler, BASIC, some machine code...

That type of programming is just fine... if you're living in 1983. Or, I guess, if your panel is using 1983 technology.

Reply to
Matt Ion
Loading thread data ...

Well I doubt Secure Wireless will do anything for Honeywell since they got sued for making replacement door sensors. The stupid part is they have several new sensors that aren't on DSC's website, I like the new DSC/Secure Wireless keyfobs and they have interesting door sensors

I just don't know long-term reliability but then again since DSC doesn't make them it should be decent :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Which receiver?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

The ultimate test...a 6160RF.

Small house though, but no problems yet, although I was/is/am a little about the AAA lithium battery.

This was the house I had trouble programming the 6 button wall mounted keyfobkeypad thingie...which I finally ended up just remote programming and it works great. I always have trouble manually programming those freekin fobs..every damn time.

The whole setup was perfect for a small two story home.

1200 | sq | > ft though. | | Which receiver? | | >

| >

| >

| >

| > | > Jim Rojas | > | | > | Honeywell already has those 5800MICRA's which are pretty small, my beef | > | isn't the size of the transmitter but how much power it can transmit at | > | | > | | > | >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | > Mark Leuck wrote: | > | > > Nothing like membrane keypads, they just have a certain feel to them | > | > >

| > | > > And mind you no funky hard-to-find lithium batteries either, good | ole | > | > > American 9-volt! | > | > >

| > | > >> Jim Rojas | > | > >>

| > | > >>

| > | > >>

| > | > >> Mark Leuck wrote: | > | > >>> AT&T 8000 | > | > >>>

| > | > >>>> Thanks, | > | > >>>>

| > | > >>>> Pete | > | > >>>>

| > | > >>>

| > | > >

| > | > >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I wonder if thats more receptive than a 6150RF, while I like the whole receiver-in-a-keypad concept I think it's sometimes used too much

It's funny but I didn't have any problems programming that in encrypted mode the first time then later couldn't the first few attempts

That is one of the neatest sensors Honeywell has ever made

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Sorry I mistyped/spoke...it is a 6150RF. I've never had problem with receiver-keypads because I'm cautious in how I use them.

| | > Small house though, but no problems yet, although I was/is/am a little | about | > the AAA lithium battery. | >

| > This was the house I had trouble programming the 6 button wall mounted | > keyfobkeypad thingie...which I finally ended up just remote programming | and | > it works great. I always have trouble manually programming those freekin | > fobs..every damn time. | | It's funny but I didn't have any problems programming that in encrypted mode | the first time then later couldn't the first few attempts

I didn't use the encrypted mode. I use the go-back-to-the-office-and-compass-it mode :-)

| | That is one of the neatest sensors Honeywell has ever made

I suggested it to my other brand company and their gonna make something similar...only it will probably be waaayyyy easier to program.

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Morse MDC-32ETX with 4 of their fantastic keypads, 3 DS 250TH smokes, 8 Optex RX-40PI motions, heat detectors and high water, low temp. etc....

Love the system. Flawless for over 4 years now. Have several other Morse systems in business location too. Great, although dead (discontinued) product.

Reply to
Edgar

I never knew anyone that actually used Morse, let alone liked it. It couldn't have been that many that in the end really supported it since it is a bone yard product now.

Reply to
Roland More

Flawless is how I'd describe the system. The keypads are very nice. I have sold only three though for customers that wanted them, and have a couple out there I took over. Never had a lick of trouble from any of them. All have been in over 10 years. js

Reply to
Buggs

3 bedroom two bath home with full basement

FA168CPS

4 doors

10 windows, main floor (done primarily to keep the teenagers IN)

2 barrier bars, basement windows (see previous entry)

6 smoke detectors (in and out of each bedroom and in the basement

2 heat detectors, garage and mechanical room

Low temp sensor

In addition to being monitored, the system pages me whenever an alarm or trouble occurs or when someone other than me or my wife arms or disarms the system. Lets me know the kid is home (or has left) and when we are out of town I know that the appointed person has arrived to feed the cats.

I still haven't done glass breaks or the garage windows and service doors. Also planning on a pull-away for my trailer. Back burner projects.

I am considering some X-10 that will turn on a couple sconce lights when the system is armed in the stay mode. I am dissuaded by: A) I don't know X-10 very well, and B) have talked with several folks who don't like it.

What do you guys think? (really, I want to know, I'm not trying to start shit)

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Reply to
Roland More

Quite a few years ago I installed Morse for a while. They were functional and the keypads were easy to teach/use though a bit strange looking. I wouldn't exactly say I *liked* them but they were OK.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You only THINK it was flawless, I assure you it was total junk....wait sorry I thought you were talking about Moose not Morse

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.