Alarm systems, what do you have?

I never had any trouble. Ive programmed Moose, Ademco, Napco, Morse, Caddx, Silent Knight, Akron, GE, Radionics, and DMP. DSC is by far the easiest panel out there to program. js

Reply to
Buggs
Loading thread data ...

There was no need for 3 different panels that share the same board layout. The lower end panel PC1616 looks like there are things missing.

Their earlier version of the programming sheet looked like a road map and was very confusing.

Their confusion on what wireless devices they are willing to support...DSC or secured wireless? I am surprised they didnt come up with an ITI or Ademco compatible RF receiver, for those like me who detest DSC wireless products.

Too many differnt keypads...you need to call tech support just to make sure...I can go on...other than that, I like DSC just fine... :)

Jim Rojas

Buggs wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Oh. I thought you meant you were having trouble with the new stuff. Yeah, their marketing is kinda dumb. The main thing I don' like is no words next to the function buttons, just icons. The program raod map pissed me off, but it musta pissed a lot of other people off too. Now the panels come with a program worksheet like the old ones. Havent had any trouble with the wireless lately. js

Reply to
Buggs

AT&T 8000

Reply to
Mark Leuck

The AT&T 8000 was way ahead of its time. Too bad time stood still for AT&T afterwards... :)

Jim Rojas

Mark Leuck wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I use the Paradox Spectra panel with the 1641 LCD keypad, plus Paradox Digiguard 75 motions as well as all the normal door contacts. Also custom made basement window security bars with keyed alike integral locks Lori high security vertical deadbolt locks front and back Door frames armoured with steel against kickin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Paradox is fine equipment but not without it's problems, albeit minor. Biggest problem today is the company is getting zero feedback from the field as they have let go all their field sales people, so their design engineers haven't got a clue about "backwards compatibility". As a result, they're bringing out new lines of equipment (SP5000/6000) that don't allow any of this. Bottom line, Paradox is far more concerned about marketing overseas and beyond than they are about selling into the USA, or even in Canada. As an end user, I love the panel. As a dealer, I'm not sure anymore. But I don't see any better alternatives.

Panels are easy to program once you have your "memory key" set up with all common settings. After that, a few minutes keypad programming with each individual panel and you're in business

RHC

Reply to
tourman

Nothing like membrane keypads, they just have a certain feel to them

And mind you no funky hard-to-find lithium batteries either, good ole American 9-volt!

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Have you seen the new Secured Wireless ultra thin transmitters? Woah...Honeywell will soon "borrow" that technology...I can see tranmitters dropping to the $10 range if that technology takes off widespread throughout the industry.

Jim Rojas

Mark Leuck wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Haven't you seen the mini mini transmitters from Honeywell? I used them on a condo as a test site.

| > And mind you no funky hard-to-find lithium batteries either, good ole | > American 9-volt! | >

| >> Jim Rojas | >>

| >>

| >>

| >> Mark Leuck wrote: | >>> AT&T 8000 | >>>

| >>>> Thanks, | >>>>

| >>>> Pete | >>>>

| >>>

| >

| >

Reply to
Crash Gordon

The Secured Wireless model is a hell of alot smaller. It is so thin, it will fit in a 1/8 inch door gap.

Jim Rojas

Crash Gord> Haven't you seen the mini mini transmitters from Honeywell? I used them on a

Reply to
Jim Rojas

The first time I programmed anything from DSC was about 8 or 9 years ago. It was an 832. I read the programming instructions, filled in the programming sheet and entered the program in about 30 minutes. It would have taken less time but I had to read the instructions first.

By way of contrast, when Napco came out with the MA-3000 they had to offer a weekend training course so installers could understand all the options. The newer Gemini models incorporate most of the MA-3000 features and offer a few more besides. Fortunately, the Napco software is so easy to master that even a rank beginner or a DIYer can learn it in an hour or so.

As I think about what you've said, I wonder if my background in programming might be the reason I find it simple where you might not. No disrespect intended. As part of the early courses we practiced math in binary and hexadecimal. That could explain why it's a PITA to some and not to others. I don't know for certain though. It's just a guess. Your thoughts?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

wow, where are they?

| >

| >

| >

| >

| > | > And mind you no funky hard-to-find lithium batteries either, good ole | > | > American 9-volt! | > | >

| > | >> Jim Rojas | > | >>

| > | >>

| > | >>

| > | >> Mark Leuck wrote: | > | >>> AT&T 8000 | > | >>>

| > | >>>> Thanks, | > | >>>>

| > | >>>> Pete | > | >>>>

| > | >>>

| > | >

| > | >

| >

| >

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Honeywell already has those 5800MICRA's which are pretty small, my beef isn't the size of the transmitter but how much power it can transmit at

Reply to
Mark Leuck

True but you gotta wonder about reliability and with the way doors are constructed I wouldn't count on that gap staying at 1/8 inch :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Let me see if I can grab the manuals.

Jim Rojas

Crash Gord> wow, where are they?

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Yup. They work great. js

Reply to
Buggs

Tri-ed, alarmax. js

Reply to
Buggs

They are made for DSC panels Crash

Reply to
Mark Leuck

ewww. well that talked me out of using them...still like to see them...couldn't find on dsc website. background sound on the site sounds like a toilet flushing

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Some say not much power. I've used the 5820L on that condo...so far...so good. Condo was only 1200 sq ft though.

| > Jim Rojas | | Honeywell already has those 5800MICRA's which are pretty small, my beef | isn't the size of the transmitter but how much power it can transmit at | | | >

| >

| >

| >

| > Mark Leuck wrote: | > > Nothing like membrane keypads, they just have a certain feel to them | > >

| > > And mind you no funky hard-to-find lithium batteries either, good ole | > > American 9-volt! | > >

| > >> Jim Rojas | > >>

| > >>

| > >>

| > >> Mark Leuck wrote: | > >>> AT&T 8000 | > >>>

| > >>>> Thanks, | > >>>>

| > >>>> Pete | > >>>>

| > >>>

| > >

| > >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.