Ademco LynxREN - How to enable LCD Backlight?

Trying to enable LCD backlight on this panel. It's mounted in a dark closet...I can see the lighted keys just fine but can't read the LCD without a flashlight. It's fairly new, still under warranty - is it simply broken? I've scanned all the manuals and find no mention of a display backlight. I could really use a hand here - thanks!

Reply to
robert.cipriani
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Everywhere Man

It's mounted in a dark closet?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

who put it in there?

Reply to
Bra

Yes...I put it in there to make it less accessible to an intruder with a hammer or something. I have a remote keypad near the front door. There's no light in this closet (power is running along the baseboard in wiremold, I plan to install power in this closet later).

It just seems a little odd that they'd make the keypad lighted but not the display. I'll have to take a look at the LCD module, maybe it has a backlight provision.

Reply to
armyBob

Reply to
Everywhere Man

"Everywhere Man" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

lets read the OP message

"I'll have to take a look at the LCD module, maybe it has a backlight provision"

he want to look INSIDE the keypad to take a look at the actual LCD part,to see if the manufacturer of the LCD display incorporated a backlight provision that is not used in the Simon 3 design...

Man,is it me or am I the only one that really read the post and understand the words?

the worst is that English is not even my mother language..

Reply to
Petem

Right...not that I want to void my warranty or anything - I could just get a battery powered lamp or something. Someone told me (a friend who is a professional installer) that the Lynx has an LCD backlight, but he's probably thinking of another panel, so that's why I asked.

Reply to
armyBob

Can't be Fowlers then, he only puts em under the bed

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Is that where you house your installers and salesman?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Reply to
Petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.