Actually On Topic Question

want to have a little fun with tech support ask them if the pulse stream is square or saw tooth, wave form.. and if saw tooth, is it ramp in or ramp out.. tell em you need to know because you think you have a faulty P/S.. ;-) RTS

Reply to
RTS
Loading thread data ...

I thought of that briefly. Should have brought it up. I used to have to add auxiliary power supplies to the P1632 Napco panels fairly often. That was one of the reasons I considered switching to the Caddx NX8(C?N?). The zone expanders could be anywhere and included their own monitored auxiliary power supply. I did use one in a small school with a zone expander in each building.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Ok Guys here is what happened today!!

At first I observed the Touch Screen do a reboot about once every

60 to 90 seconds or so.

I then checked the voltage at the motherboard and at the touch screen and the readings were as was suggested by Tech Support.

I then removed all peripheral devices from the motherboard and observed the Touch Screen first initializing and then it did a reboot.

I then set up another Vista panel with just the Touch Screen attached. And it did another reboot as before!!

Soooooo I have decided that the issue is that the Touch Screen has some sort of internal problem and it needs to be replaced with a new unit.

New unit is now on order. I will not relax until that unit is installed and properly working. I just hope it goes easily!!!

Thanks for all the extra tidbits and discussion.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

E. NX8E

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I have done similar. I loved the NX8 and NX8E. Then sadly they decided to discontinue the product line completely. &*$%#^@(!!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

IF you ask me that question I'll tell you it doesn't matter on these little systems and power supplies

Reply to
mleuck

Tuxedo WiFi can require up to 350 ma per touchscreen which is fine for most panels with a minimum of powered devices but it sounds like yours has an issue

Reply to
mleuck

Only bad thing about the NX line was the way they hacked ITI wireless to it but otherwise a solid panel

I miss the Concord in fact I have a friend who has 2 installed and have to go on Ebay now to get LTE cellular parts

Dirt simple to program

Reply to
mleuck

I actually liked the Napco wireless for moderate to small size homes when there as no other option, but generally I did anything I could to avoid wireless. I ran wires all kinds of ways to avoid wireless. I guess that makes me old school now-a-days. I liked the full size transmitters with the 123 battery. In a low cycle environment they would last for years, then I'd just change all the batteries when one started sending a trouble. One lady had a china cabinet in front of a window. Every few years I had to unload it to move it. Finally I moved the transmitter to the china cabinet and ran a wire to a contact. She never knew the difference.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Hello guys,

Ok, so today I installed a new TuxedoW Touch Screen. Took about 30 minutes of me trying to understand certain things that I had to go to a standard keypad (that I better understand) to reset the panel.

Regardless the new Touch Screen works just fine.

YEA!!!

Reply to
ABLE1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.