Note

Bass Quotes!

I've yet to see a 5-year old Nutone intercom that was still working. I sell replacement parts for them only because most people don't want to fix the huge holes that would be left in their walls if they replaced them with better quality hardware.

Would you like a picture of the Nutone 3003 that is still perfectly operational in my home?

Reply to
Mike Sokoly
Loading thread data ...

I still have Nutone, Broan, M&S systems out there working fine...for 20 years.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You posted concerning a typical bassism. His comments are harmless to those of us in the industry, and he knows it. That is why I call it all kicks and giggles when it comes to his posts. I think the comments are to build his credibility the DIYer community. If they don't know any better, he can dazzle them with BS and maybe get some of their business. Kind of different spin on marketing I guess. I have always used NuTone intercoms and vacs. with no problem, even in this lightning area. Anything that did go wrong, over the years, our service center backed it 100%.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

You must have gotten a good one :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

Ohhhhhhh... You're ba-a-a-a-d!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

My parent's place had a Nutone system in it as well. They built it in

1974 and we sold it in 2000. It was still working well. It's like Robert's comment about Ademco 998 PIR's. Some people like 'em, and some don't (words to that effect). I personally haven't had any problems with the ones installed in about twenty of our systems (all take-overs), but I wouldn't install another one to replace one that was defective. We've settled on Paradox.
Reply to
Frank Olson

I tried their DG-70/75's for pet, uh I mean cat immunity... They (the DG-70/75's) failed to provide true immunity... I've tried DS-835i's, a couple of different Ademcraps, and now Visonic K980s, Max & Boots (the most likely culprits) eventually set all of them off... My final solution, I have to catch all four cats each morning before leaving, attach each feline to his/her ball & chain... The ball & chain is just heavy enough to keep them from jumping on the furniture and into the window sills, but it does allow them to move around on the floor without setting the alarm off...

The last few bids I went out on were Residential ones with cats... I showed the potential clients my cat solution, I assured them it would work, NO FALSE alarms, and healthier pets (an added benefit of the Ball & Chain)....... For some reason, neither one called me back, maybe I need to work on my presentation??? :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

C'mon Mike, you've been here long enough to know Bass doesn't concern himself with the truth.

Mike Sokoly wrote:

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

Sure. That will be a first. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Hey Mike, hope you're having fun! :-) Did you tell Robert that I quoted you in an upcoming story? Gosh, he'll go nuts over that one and accuse you of writing the whole thing! :-)

Al

Reply to
Al Colombo

Bob,

Nutone was a good product when I handled it. I'm not involved with it today, but it has a good name. I did service a few of them as well as M&S a few years ago when I was back in the field. I don't see any problem with them. I can't tell you how many warrantied systems I had to fix because of poor installation. Most of the time the problems involved the wrong wire or installing the wiring too close to high voltage electrical cables. Most of the problems I saw were related to DYI installs where the homeowner bought the system from a local electrical distributor or light shop and tried to install it themselves. Perhaps this is Robert's problem with Nutone since he sells DIY. I always tell folks who don't do it for a living that they ought to leave the install to a professional installer.

Al

Reply to
Al Colombo

Now now now Al who actually quoted MIke? We know you stole the quote from someone so tell us who you swiped it from..................

This is a stickup! Put your articles > Hey Mike, hope you're having fun! :-) Did you tell Robert that I

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

Note: I think it will take a few years before my revolutionary ideas are accepted by the industry........ Sigh, It's hard to not be appreciated :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

I think it's sad, Tom, how this thing has gotten so out of control, or should I say how Robert has allowed himself to go off the deep end on this thing. I know I reacted rather poorly to his attacks, but once I realized what he was up to, I decided not to dance to the music.

He really shouldn't allow himself to entertain such thoughts to the point where it becomes a personal vendetta. And I have no reason why he's so angry with me either as back when this original thing took place I was only trying to give him some exposure in a print magazine. I was trying to do him a favor (he'll have fun with that one, I'm sure).

Many vendors consider it a privilege to get into a print magazine like SDM or SSI, and it is for how many companies ever get that opportunity? He would have had a byline on the sidebar with his company name, city and state and he threw it all away. No matter what his reason(s) may have been to decline when we arrived at crunch time, he had plenty of time before that to do this short sidebar. I would have simply interviewed him and quoted him if he had been more civil, but when he accused me of having other people write my stuff, I decided there and then he did not deserve the opportunity I'd given him anyway.

Dealers often use these article mentions in their Public Relations effort, which distinguishes them from their peers. It gives their firm a degree of credibility that the Web cannot provide. I think all of you who read my work know that I always give my sources credit for their contributions, whether it's by way of quotes or a contributed sidebar. Frankly, I rarely allow anyone to write my sidebars anymore since my experience with Robert. I found that depending on others is not always a good policy so I usually interview people, like Mike Sokoly. I do especially enjoy featuring smaller dealers and distributors because many of them are struggling just to stay alive and yet they have just as much by way of information to offer the professional dealers who read these publications. Don't you agree?

Anyway, I'm done playing Robert's little game. He can have at it all he wants. I let my former work in SDM, my current work in SSI, and my field history stand as testimony of who I am, what I know, and my diversity of abilities. I do not know everything and I've never said I did. There are new technologies that all of us are learning about. My job is to try to help make some of them known to our men and women who sell, install, and service them. I always learn something with each and every story I do and I always give credit to those who help me learn it as I work to help the field understand it better.

Al

Reply to
Al Colombo

No no, Russ. I like your idea just fine. Actually, I've suggested the same thing, but went just a bit further; after the ball and chain are attached, I suggested dropping the whole works in a swimming pool, ocean, river, or lake. This insures that kitty won't ever cause a false alarm again. Ever. Come to think of if though, I didn't get any of those jobs. Hmmmm... js

Reply to
alarman

It must have been the bumper sticker on your truck......

"Cats taste like Chicken......"

No wonder you did get the bid.....

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

Freakin' cats. This morning I'm on my way out the door to do a resi install. The lady calls to let me know where the key is, and oh by the way, be careful not to let my 3 cats get out. Hmmm...that will be a challenge, seeing how I will have the doors/windows open while crawling the attic for the wires. She had to come home from work to catch the little darlings and put them in a bathroom. I tried to help, and one of 'em about took my hand off. Now I'm nervous as a cat myself, that one of 'em might escape. Jeez, the job's hard enough without having to worry about this crap.

Freakin' cats. I need a vacation. js

cats are evil

Reply to
alarman

Ahh you forgot, Step #1 before drilling, Pet containment... I carry nets in the van just in case such a problem arises... Sounds like you left the shop ill prepared..... :^))

She had to come home from work to catch the little darlings and

Just give her a free keypad, or three months of free monitoring...

Reply to
Russell Brill

I guess so. Nets, eh? Gotta find room in the van for nets now? Shesh!

To add insult to injury, I dropped my new Makita in a litter box while I was working in the garage. Freakin' cats. js

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.