5010 and 5280tc problem

lol, SRY BOUT THAT

Reply to
mail
Loading thread data ...

I just set up a entire new one at home and downloaded the program, going to put it on my line at home and see what happens, if it works good here I will take it and install it.

As for anything else on the line, nothing except the elevator, will take advice and change the line out to the fax line and see what happens.

Thanks

TJ

Reply to
mail

The elevator???

Reply to
Frank Olson

Where's your vacation home, tubby? The 3rd branch of the in-laws treehouse doesn't count either.

Reply to
no wires showing

Yep I know what emergency phone in elevator is...but is it regular line or one with call down module or emergency dialer or anything of that sort on it?

| Bass Home Electronics | 2291 Pine View Circle | Sarasota · Florida · 34231 | 877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support |

formatting link
| =============================> | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

is it possible it can interfere?...is the dialer remotely programmable? does it accept outside commands or pickup via a certain tone or ring count?

| | Bass Home Electronics | | 2291 Pine View Circle | | Sarasota · Florida · 34231 | | 877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support | |

formatting link
| | =============================>

| | | | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Hmm. They closed his ...er, "vacation home" in Marlboro.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

There's usually an emergency telephone in the elevator. It's best to connect the elevator to a dedicated line. Otherwise, an off-hook telephone elsewhere in the building would block outgoing emergency calls from the elevator car, a potentially life threatening failure.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

not if you have a line seizure module

Reply to
joe

I call it 'call-down' it probably has a official fire-terminology...its when the fire alarm goes off it calls the elevator down to the ground floor automatically.

| Bass Home Electronics | 2291 Pine View Circle | Sarasota · Florida · 34231 | 877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support |

formatting link
| =============================> | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Yah I know.. just trying to think of anything that could be interfering. I did a house 2 weeks ago that had a mini elevator with just a plain phone it in.

| | Bass Home Electronics | | 2291 Pine View Circle | | Sarasota · Florida · 34231 | | 877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support | |

formatting link

| | | | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

I've only sold a few of these over the years and none were recent. The ones I've seen dial a preprogrammed number whenever someone lifts the receiver (old style) or pushes the call button. I'm unfamiliar with the term call down module. Perhaps we're talking about the same thing?

IMO an elevator phone aught to be on a dedicated line or at least provide line seizure in the same manner as an alarm system.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Let me put it another way

Billy don't believe in spooks that frequent old bars and can only be seen by half drunk 70's rejects wearing bandanas

(if I could find the picture you'd understand that one)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Depends on the unit, some are nothing more than standard phones that connect to a central station, others are semi-sophisticated dialers

formatting link
| =============================>

| |

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It has an emergency dialer to the alarm montoring company linked to it.

formatting link

| |

Reply to
mail

No outside command, Only preprogrammed number to dail.

formatting link

| | | | | |

Reply to
mail

We call that "elevator homing", or "recall". Then there's "alternate floor homing" or "alternate floor recall". Both terms are used interchangably but mean the same thing (depending on the Engineer you're talking to)...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Elevator Recall, nope don't got one of them

formatting link

| | |

Reply to
mail

Nahhh! He's "on the lam" from American Airlines for swiping their logo for his latest internet venture... :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.