12V FA

Day care needs fire alarm repair. System is 12V, smokes-12V, strobes are 12V gentex. Anyone know of any 12V commercial rated fire alarms? Needs 4 or more zones. My first thought was to replace everything but of course they need to save as much $ as possible for the children so I thought I'd ask the pros here.

Reply to
TechMex
Loading thread data ...

Firelite made a 5012 panel which fits the bill think they still make it other possibility would be to utilize one of the many combo panels which are all 12 volt

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

take care when replacing the panel, check to make sure the current supplied by the panel is enough for the devices being powered.. Some combo panels are limited to 700-900 ma's for devices.. Fire panels may go to 3 amp's.

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

Reply to
Just Looking

Reply to
Red

Yep. Sure are!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

The Vista-128 is available in 12 or 24 VDC.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

If this green bean doesn't know about 12 VDC combo burg/fire systems why are you going to wish a Napco 3000 on him?

Reply to
Just Looking

actually I have used one before. That's why I am asking for alternatives.;) vista 32 fb appears to be what I was looking for. thanks. may save them a few $.

Reply to
Barney

Nope. The 128 is a 12 VDC panel. The addition of a PS-24 allows you to connect 24VDC signal appliances to either of the two NAC circuits.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I would think the Vista 32FB would suit according to what I've read.

It is pretty much the same panel as the 128 - but only 32 zones.

Less expensive as a result.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Good point! I figured he would buy it from RLB who would then hold his hand to program it.

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

He could also sell him a 24 volt Vista 128FB...

Reply to
Frank Olson

That all depends. If the smokes are two wire, he's going to have to confirm compatibility with the Vista panel. Then there's the other small "limitation" in that only the first two zones are capable of powering two wire conventional smokes (that goes for both panels). He actually didn't provide much in the way of information to begin with. Hopefully his choice will work for him and he *won't* call Bass for technical "support". :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

The Napco MA3000 is easy to install and configure. Any primate can handle it.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You're closer to the truth than you might realise.

I've walked people through programming the various Napco systems as well as almost all of the Honeywell Vista series systems. Napco's software is easier to support than Honeywell's Compass program. OTOH, it's been a while since I've had to assist anyone on a Magnum 3000 panel. Very few DIYers ever used them. We sell about two to three Vista-128 series panels a month.

The smaller panels are far more popular with do-it-yourselfers. We sell several Napco P1632, P3200 and Vista-20P systems a day. One surprising thing has been the number of DIYers installing commercial fire alarm systems. Every week we ship several of them.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

How many 24 volt Vista 128's have you sold/talked people through installing?

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
nick markowitz

They make a 4 zone adapter which allows 4 additional zones of 2 wire smoke with the vista panels you can gang them together for multiple 2 wire zones as long as you do not exceed power supply.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.