WCP on BayRS routers

I am having trouble finding documentation on WCP on Nortel's website. We used to have comprehensive CD-ROM's that included just about anything you could ever want to know about BayRS, and I can not find one right now. I need to know the algorithm WCP uses and how good the compression can be with large and small IP packets.

Any info is helpful, including link to documentation. Thx.

-mike

Reply to
Michael Roberts
Loading thread data ...

Are you going to use HW or SW compression ? WCP is based onLev-Zimpel algorithms. WCP is a proprietary product. Software version will hog memory and cpu cycles. I may have a document buried somewhere.

Reply to
rick.harris

I configuring on a T1 between an ASN and BLN years ago, but I could not remember what the expected compression ratios are, and I could not find any docs on it. Using Iperf, I am getting almost 3.5Mb/s across a

1.5Mb/s T1 circuit. Other than checking the WCP box in Site Manager, n other configuration was done. I am not sure if it is doing the compression in HW or SW. The CPU usage on both routers is negligible.

-mike

Reply to
Michael Roberts

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.