Symposium Web Client

Dear All,

I have SCCS 5.0 installed in my office .Also I have Symposium Web Client 4.5 - SU 05. both of them are on the same VLan. My problem is whenever i run the histroical reporting on the Symposium Web Client through another VLAN where client pc are exist it gives me an error " An error occured while connectiing to the server", whereas Real time reporting works fine on another VLAN where client pc are exist.

Pls suggest what to do.

Regards

Deepak Verma

Reply to
Deepak Verma
Loading thread data ...

I don't understand what you mean by "through another VLAN where client pc are exist." Are you saying that you've got a PC where Symposium 'Regular' Client *will* connect, but Web Client will not connect?

Reply to
jockgeek

web client is connecting everytime and able to generate the Real time reporting but unable to generate the historical reporting with the error "An error occured while connectiing to the server".

Reply to
Deepak Verma

I have SCCS 5.0 installed in my office .Also I have Symposium Web Client 4.5 - SU 05. both of them are on the same CLan as well as ELAN as usual. The problem i have faced everytime is that whenever supervisor try to run the histroical reporting on the Symposium Web Client sitting on CLAN other than server CLAN ( Server CLAN -

10.157.230.X and Supervisor CLAN is 10.157.202.X) it gaves an error which is "An error occured while connectiing to the server", whereas they are able to generate the Real time reporting through web client.

The overall conclusion is histroical reporting through web client will work only on the CLAN 10.157.230.X

Reply to
Deepak Verma

I have SCCS 5.0 installed in my office .Also I have Symposium Web Client 4.5 - SU 05. both of them are on the same CLan as well as ELAN as usual. The problem i have faced everytime is that whenever supervisor try to run the histroical reporting on the Symposium Web Client sitting on CLAN other than server CLAN ( Server CLAN -

10.157.230.X and Supervisor CLAN is 10.157.202.X) it gaves an error which is "An error occured while connectiing to the server", whereas they are able to generate the Real time reporting through web client.

The overall conclusion is histroical reporting through web client will work only on the CLAN 10.157.230.X

Reply to
Deepak Verma

In article , Deepak Verma writes

If the supervisor is on a different subnet then it may be possible your router is not passing on the NetBIOS hostname which needs to be resolvable in order for the historical reports to run.

Try putting an entry in the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC\LMHOSTS file (or wherever your Windows installation is) for both the web server name and the Symposium server name.

e.g.

10.157.230.1 SCCS 10.157.230.2 SWS

where the addresses and names are the actual ones for your servers. A better solution would be to add the names to your WINS servers but you can use this to confirm this is the problem before you look at a better solution.

Good luck

Reply to
Switcher

Add the Hostnames of your SCCS 5.0 and the SWC 4.5 to your host.sam and it works!

If not, make sure that you allow the installation of ActiveX objects to your browser. (Internet Option => Sercurity... etc)

Jacco.

Reply to
versatel

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.