Have Your Installed Smoke Detector In Home/Office

Every 83 seconds a fire stats, and in some cases lives are taken. So every one should know how serious a smoke detector or smoke alarm is. They sense the first sign of flame, give the earliest alarm so people can survive by getting the most precious in a fire incident- the time to run. Most smoke detector fall into two types - inolization type and photoeletronic type. Inolization alarm has edge in sensing small particles of smoke produced by flaming fires, such as chip pans, and will detect this type of fire before the smoke gets too thick. The laser one is more expensive but more effective at detecting larger particles of smoke produced by slow-burning fires, such as smouldering foam-filled upholstery and overheated PVC wiring. To have doubled safety, a dual sense alarm seems the right way however they are quite expensive. Anyone interested in smoke alarm keeps this topic going, or email me at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
TomFred
Loading thread data ...

Every 83 seconds a fire stats, and in some cases lives are taken. So every one should know how serious a smoke detector or smoke alarm is. They sense the first sign of flame, give the earliest alarm so people can survive by getting the most precious in a fire incident- the time to run. Most smoke detector fall into two types - inolization type and photoeletronic type. Inolization alarm has edge in sensing small particles of smoke produced by flaming fires, such as chip pans, and will detect this type of fire before the smoke gets too thick. The laser one is more expensive but more effective at detecting larger particles of smoke produced by slow-burning fires, such as smouldering foam-filled upholstery and overheated PVC wiring. To have doubled safety, a dual sense alarm seems the right way however they are quite expensive. Anyone interested in smoke alarm keeps this topic going, or email me at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
TomFred

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

In other cases only the money is taken.

As opposed to heat detectors which are only kidding?

Actually, they sense smoke. Flame detectors sense flames. We probably ought to install one on this newsgroup.

Walk, please. No sense getting hurt from a fall.

Uh, yeah. Nothing like expert advice. :^)

Chip pans? Used to carry winnings in Vegas?

Lasers, huh?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

While I would admit that this poster's attempt to start a discussion was a bit clumsy, the topic (IMHO) is not really worthy of ridicule.

Lives ARE lost due to the absence of working smoke detectors or inadequate coverage.

I would take his question one step further:

Have you ensured that your loved ones are NOT sleeping in a home or apartment that is unprotected?

I have... now.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Yes, you rarely use numbers, but prefer to use terms like "most", and "always"...

That's not necessarily true. If you purchase something with a credit card, you often have more recovery resources available. Consumers also have the option of obtaining a report on the company they anticipate doing business with. There's "ripoffreport.com", and the Better Business Bureau.

No need. They're easy to spot. Just look for "Robert L Bass" in the right hand column.

I personally think discussion of smoke detectors would be good. There's always more for you to learn about, Robert.

Frank Olson

formatting link
"It only implies that I don't sit back and let you post more false accusations without responding." - Robert L. Bass

Reply to
Frank Olson

Are you using ilonized or laser models? :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Perhaps, rather than ridicule, you might educate.

BTW, when one is ridiculing another, it is wise to check one's spelling.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

not lasers, the "later" one

Reply to
TomFred

I think you meant 'latter' which would indicate the second of the two items.

Don't sweat it.

I think you will find that most here advocate use of the photoelectric ones (pure conjecture on my part based upon the folks I know in the alarm industry - I could be just as wrong as the day is long).

I prefer photoelectric because I believe that most (not all) residential fires begin with a period smoldering.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Educate whom?

I deliberately copied the misspellings.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.