MICS 32 Station copy - Newbie Question

Hi all!

Our installer pre-wired our phone system and at the time we had 15 stations. We are setup for 24 I believe. He showed me where to punch down new stations as we added them and I can do that no problem.

My problem is with the programming, he moved like lightning and I wasn't able to keep up with him. He setup the programming like we wanted and then copied the settings to all the rest of the stations.

I have since just added two more and need to know the programming steps to "clone" a known good station to the two I added. He is away for 2 months on a large job and I need to get this done like yesterday :(

Can someone please help a dummy like me out?

Thanks a million!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Brashars
Loading thread data ...

It is a Norstar mics 32. The programming is all done from the set as norstar doesn't have web interface :(

I think I can atleast get the idea from what you have posted....

May still need to try find a manual :(

Thanks!

Reply to
Mike Brashars

Woo hoo, one I may be able to help out with... depending on the system of course.... We are using OTM Navigator 2.1, and if you are, then you can do this

ld 20 cpy 1 type (whatever type they are....) cftn (Copy from TN -> the good TN) tn -> the new TN dn -> the number for that tn

that should do it

Reply to
Kendal Emery

This is a Norstar not an M1.

Mike, If you are going to do any significant amount of programming, I'd recommend first reading 3 documents:

- Installer Guide

- System Coordinator Guide

- Voice Mail Sutup and operations guide

It is a lot of reading but it will help you get a thourough knowledge of the system to help minimize the chances of making things worse (I've seen this a lot!). It will problably take close to a day to review the documentation but it will be well worth your time.

If you don't have the time to spend on this, call your vendor - if they cannot/will not come out withing a couple days, find another vendor (a good vendor can come in very handy in an emergency!).

Good Luck!

Reply to
Nortec in MN

Thanks!

Found it on page 306 of the "Install Guide"

Thanks again.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Brashars

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.